Question about Tp-Link 741ND DD-WRT Build and LS command

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
siegfridkurz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 21:05    Post subject: Question about Tp-Link 741ND DD-WRT Build and LS command Reply with quote
while using DD-WRT and experimenting with it i've found that the ls command doesn't work over telnet, however i think this router doesn't use a DD-WRT micro version since it has a 4Mb Flash chip.

There is any way to add ls command support?

If this router uses de micro version then it is possible to install the micro plus??

I've created a backup of the CFE and it was a 128Kb, however in the wiki it says 4mb+ router should have no problems running it.
Sponsor
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
TP-LINK and all other devices listed here -> ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/
have their own firmwares that differ in structure and build method from the ones you call 'micro', 'micro plus' etc.

In case you ever try to flash a device that requires special firmware with some other firmware for other device, OR standard broadcom builds called micro, mini, std, voip, vpn etc. you will certainly brick your device. While most of them can be fixed and would hardly get ready for trash only, fixing is a matter of soldering wires and electronic schematic to the router board and applying above than general linux knowledge. This is not an option for a device that wants to stay on warranty so don't try any other builds than ones that are build specially for the particular device if you don't want to see your router blink rapidly without any operating system successfully loading.

As of the 'ls' command, I must tell you that it is completely and successfully working on the special build for TL-WR741ND and this applies to all other TP-LINK devices I ever tested. If you think you have seen it not working somewhere, then you must have either mistyped something or some other error must have existed. Nobody does have problems with the ls command in the general case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: