DIR-615 C1 no IPv6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tigerstorms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 20:14    Post subject: DIR-615 C1 no IPv6? Reply with quote
Before I installed the DD-WRT on my device I noticed that I was able to play around with IPv6, it didn't work all that great so I figured why not install it with linux and get it working there. Sadly after I installed it I notice in the command line there was nothing installed for IPv6, so I check the fourms there's nothing about it I checked the FAQ and it says.
Quote:
Enabling IPv6 Support

On the Administration>Management page, enable IPv6 and radvd.

However when I go to page there is no option for that. I'm stuck, and don't know what my options are, I would really not like to rebuild the kernel from scratch just to get IPv6 working, I know the device supported it on it's native firmware but I had all kinds of issues with it droping packets.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
no space 4 it
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
If there's no room for it would it be possible to make room? I know there's a bunch of stuff on there that's loaded that I don't even use like the Wifi stuff for one, and there's also all the hotspot systems, Sputnik, Wifidog, Chillispot and Hotspot. I've tried to remove stuff before or change things on the device but once it loses power and restarts all the old stuff it back.

I mean if the wireless radio on it were better I might think about using it, but for the moment I like having my router/access point separated.

If it's not possible to remove these or if I'm just out of luck what is a good open/DD-Wrt device that you would recommend?
ipha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I second the desire for a build that removes Sputnik/Chillispot/Hotspot/AnchorFree in favour of ipv6. The default firmware already supports it and it's going to be necessary in the coming years.
code65536
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Broadcom firmwares come in different configurations; e.g., the "mini" version lacks IPv6 but has Sputnik, while the "std-nokaid-small" version has IPv6 and no Sputnik. The latter is only marginally larger. Unfortunately, we aren't offered options like this for Atheros firmwares like the DIR-615...

Frankly, for typical residential usage, stuff like AnchorFree and Sputnik are completely useless while IPv6 is increasingly important.
tigerstorms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the next few months my work is going to be trying to setup their system for IPv6 and they want only 100% ipv6, later this month my ISP will be turning it on the modem's we're using and I'd like to help them test and make sure everything's routing okay before they go off the deep end with it.

Sadly at the moment the only other alterative will be using my backup router running a net install of debian i've got setup for ipv4/ipv6. I just don't like to use it due to the amount of power it takes to run and the loud fans.
code65536
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is another caveat: DD-WRT does not support DHCPv6, so it doesn't work for "native" IPv6 (you can use it for tunneled IPv6).

You might want to look at OpenWRT instead if you want native IPv6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: