Repeater mode and web authorization

Newyorktrini
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 17:21    Post subject: Repeater mode and web authorization Reply with quote
I support VIP staff and often need to connect to hotel Internet via my wireless router to activate my VPN tunnel on another cisco router. Most hotels only have wireless therefore I must use repeater mode and the site survey feature.

I often obtain an IP but cannot access the hotel splash page to page for service through the router. If I use a laptop I can access everything just fine.

Any ideas how how to fix this?

I tried joining the hotel Internet via laptop then doing a MAC clone but that has been unsuccessful as well. I really need to find a solution ASAP.
Sponsor
mchamoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 18:08    Post subject: Repeater mode and web authorization Reply with quote
Did you ever figure out your problem with getting internet at the hotel with the dd-wrt repeater? I am having the same problem at one hotel.
Newyorktrini
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
The router is in repeater gateway mode. If you can't control the hotel router how can you program route info? The challenge is to get the splash page routed through the WAP. I can get the splash page from the computer but not the router. Some hotels it works with the repeater/gateway config and others it doesn't. We need to find out what makes the unsuccessful instances unique.
Newyorktrini
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
THe repeater bridge configuration works from time to time. The repeater mode works well in most instances. Yes the fire wall is disabled. If I join the network with a laptop, turn off the wifi on the laptop then clone its MAC onto the WAP, it will work. I just need to make things more seamless as I travel much and it is cumbersome to take the additional steps.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've run into this occasionally.

On the Setup>>Basic tab.

Uncheck Use DNSMasq for DHCP
Uncheck Use DNSMasq for DNS
Uncheck Use DHCP Authoritative.

It generally fixes this problem for me.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 14:48    Post subject: Re: Repeater mode and web authorization Reply with quote
Newyorktrini wrote:

I often obtain an IP

Did you try static IP for the WAN instead of DHCP?
Also use 20 mHz mode rather than 40. just guessing.
Newyorktrini wrote:

turn off the wifi on the laptop then clone its MAC onto the WAP

might additionally mean that the authentication software blocks router MAC addresses..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: