Unable to connect Wireless Client Access with Linksys E2500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
eversmantech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:59    Post subject: Unable to connect Wireless Client Access with Linksys E2500 Reply with quote
Hey guys,

The firmware that the router db gives me does not work with wireless client access on my Cisco Linksys E2500 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 mini firmware. I have referenced the wiki thread at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged but unsuccessful. Does anyone know of another working firmware to use for this router?

Tom
Sponsor
rocky13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is your build number.
eversmantech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:27    Post subject: Issue Solved Reply with quote
Thanks for the response. It was the build from the router database. I found a newer one in peacock (I believe page 9) which is on the "other downloads" page that had newer versions, and it worked fine.
jacobfogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:15    Post subject: Client Bridge working Reply with quote
Hey eversmantech, I did get a client bridge working, but it did take a bit of tinkering to get all of the settings lined up *just right*.

I don't remember all of the steps I went thought, but I do know I used that link you posted as my starting point. The biggest key for me was just making sure I had all of the wireless settings lined up exactly right.

Now if you are having bigger problems with connecting to the wireless port at all, I can't help you there, but if it's just trying to get the client bridge setup, I'd be happy to share my limited, but eventually successful, knowledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: