E2500 Slow download speed (upload is normal)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
shednik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having a similar issue as well and would like to test the new build being referenced above if possible.
Sponsor
ufbusman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same problem with the E2500 running dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500. My upload is fine, my download is pathetic (compared to before the flash on stock linksys firmware running on the 2.4ghz network). Tried all the suggestions with out luck. My noise is -77.

On the stock firmware (and limited to the 2.4ghz) I could download 5meg/second on the wireless, and now I hover around 1. Wired I am still getting the same as before, about 6meg/s. I have 50/5 cable. Upload on the wireless remains the same with dd-wrt as with stock linksys about 5Mbps.

My wireless node status is showing TX rate of 5M and RX rate of 48M. I'm transmitting at 71mW but I tried increasing the power and it had no effect.
ufbusman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
ufbusman wrote:
I am having the same problem with the E2500 running dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500. My upload is fine, my download is pathetic (compared to before the flash on stock linksys firmware running on the 2.4ghz network). Tried all the suggestions with out luck. My noise is -77.

On the stock firmware (and limited to the 2.4ghz) I could download 5meg/second on the wireless, and now I hover around 1. Wired I am still getting the same as before, about 6meg/s. I have 50/5 cable. Upload on the wireless remains the same with dd-wrt as with stock linksys about 5Mbps.

My wireless node status is showing TX rate of 5M and RX rate of 48M. I'm transmitting at 71mW but I tried increasing the power and it had no effect.

i figured out my problem, under wireless security i had the wpa2 mode set to tkip. once i turned it to aes, full speed. woohoo
sharebear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:30    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote
Was anybody able to find a solution to this problem? I am currently experiencing it after flashing my e2500 to the dd-wrt firmware.

Is there anyway I can go back to stock linksys?
jeremy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was able to get it to work, but it required a few changes to get download speeds > 1mpbs. I changed:
Wireless Network Mode: NG-Mixed (would have preferred N)
Channel Width 40MHz
Tested first with open WiFi then switched to WPA2 Personal and AES
Double checked the settings for WMM Support Enabled (should be default)

I also had the best luck with the 19519 mini firmware suggested earlier. Hope this helps. I am now getting 20+mbps downstream and its running great.
jeremy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ended up reverting to the stock firmware and it is running way better. It ran cleanly for a day or so with the settings I had above and then starting running terribly again.
gracemikey123@yahoo.com
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 22:56    Post subject: E1000 Reply with quote
After fighting this problem on two routers exactly the same I fixed the problem. I designated a tx an rx antenna instead of leaving it on auto. it is under your advanced settings. Just dont make it on the same antenna.
Clete2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same issue here. Build 19519. I tried every setting in this thread. Anyone else have fixes? <1Mbps down and 4Mbps up (4Mbps is what my ISP provides for up, 22Mbps down).
tim-atl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had the same issue - my fix was all in the basic wireless settings page:

Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Wireless Channel: Auto
Channel Width: Auto

Fixed my sub 1mb/s downloads to back over 30.

Tim
gozu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Wifi N speed4 times slower for internet than local wireless! Reply with quote
I have a similar problem with stock firmware that has been bedeviling me. I have an e2500 and a macbook pro early 2011 bonded with it at 300 Mbps.

My Comcast internet connection is 50+ Mbps via ethernet but only 25-26 Mbps via Wireless-N.

When my wireless router is set to bridge mode (and my laptop gets a public IP), the wireless internet speed goes up to ~31Mbps. This mode isn't ideal since mMy SB 6121 cablemodem doesn't have routing capabilities.

So I plugged another laptop via ethernet and, using iPerf, tested my Wireless-N connection to that laptop. It climbed almost to 100Mbps. .Now that's more like it for 801.n at 300Mbps! This rules out radio issues.

I am baffled by this issue so hopefully, someone will have encountered it before. How can I keep this speed when I'm downloading from the internet? Why did setting my E2500 router to bridge mode make a difference?

Any help would be appreciated!
gozu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, found the solution! I had to disable WMM in the QoS section. my internet speeds doubled instantly Very Happy
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
tim-atl wrote:
Had the same issue - my fix was all in the basic wireless settings page:

Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Wireless Channel: Auto
Channel Width: Auto

Fixed my sub 1mb/s downloads to back over 30.

Tim

Also remember stock firmware has wifi preamble set to short by default..dd-wrt has it set to long by default.... You will wanna change this to auto for max performance.

-Fractal
Grilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11    Post subject: Bug - Solution Reply with quote
Hi all,

It seems this is a bug affecting N-mode for certain ISPs. I was able to fix my download speed by setting my wireless to G-only, WPA2 Personal Mixed, AES.

Perhaps there will be an updated build for the E2500 incorporating the fix from Cisco?

I am on Optimum Online 15/2, by the way.

From: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=155808&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

ninjajim4 wrote:
hi guys,

i finally have some answers for you all on this infuriating issue. hopefully this saves people some time and aggravation.

it's not related in any way to channel or noise or interference or gain or saturation or signal quality or encryption protocol, etc etc etc. it's a REAL BUG.

1) this is PROVIDER specific. i happened to be transitioning from AT&T DSL to Comcast Xfinity cable and so had both services running concurrently. this issue affects Comcast only. Google 'Comcast linksys wireless slow down' and see all the other happy people.

2) this only affects wireless N 2.4ghz. so one of your options is to change your band back to G only Neutral

3) this is due to a BUG in firmware for WMM, only impacting linksys routers so far as i can tell, and perhaps even only the E series (i run E1200's). you can disable WMM, but then WPA2 will not work. also, this apparently is the equivalent to running in G, speedwise, due to the N protocol -- i haven't looked further into it than that.

the fix for me was to revert back to stock firmware, which totally blows. this issue was addressed by Cisco in August 2012.

see here:

http://homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/272/514/E1200_v2_FwReleaseNotes,0.txt

i would love to see ddwrt implement whatever changes Cisco did to address this into their own firmware builds so i can get back some decent functionality.
Lightsword
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
This should fix it:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=176395
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: