WDS Connection Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ronp8865
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:58    Post subject: WDS Connection Question Reply with quote
I have a WDS set up in the house, host upstairs, client down. Both linksys routers.

Using wifi analyzer on my phone (HTC Sensation), it shows both routers, but shows my phone connected to the router upstairs based on the mac address even though I am downstairs and closer to the down one. It never changes.

Does this mean my phone is actually connected to the upstairs router (host) and is not connecting to the better signal downstairs (client) because I might have something messed up? Or, since the client has DHCP requests forwarded to the host, it will always show the host wireless mac address no matter which one the phone is connected to.

Is there a better app to be recommended to check these settings?

Thanks, appreciate the advice.

Last edited by ronp8865 on Wed May 23, 2012 2:13; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
ronp8865
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nevermind, I think I was able to answer my own question.

I checked status > wireless > wireless nodes of the downstairs client router (192.168.1.2) and it reports several mac addresses attached, my phone, my laptop I'm typing on, and other phones charging near it.

Looks like it's working and reports being connected to then host because that is where it is securing the ip address.

Thanks for teaching me something new with this whole WDS set up. Documentation and forum responses throughout this site are stellar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: