Loss of internet connectivity on Belkin F7D7301 v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Michael L
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 21:12    Post subject: Loss of internet connectivity on Belkin F7D7301 v1 Reply with quote
I successfully installed a Belkin N300+ (F7D7301 v1) with DD-WRT (v24-sp2 (04/07/12) mega build 18946M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko) a couple of weeks ago and was able to hook up a wired Samsung laser print via USB. Great stuff!!

Everything has been working perfectly till last night, when my internet connectivity was lost, both wired and wireless. I have Comcast cable internet, and the cable modem is working perfectly. If I connect the cable modem directly to my computer I am able to access the internet. I have cloned the MAC address of my PC, so that's not the problem. The wireless part of the router is OK too, as I can successfully connect to it with my wireless devices. It seems like Comcast must have changed some of their settings, which has resulted in loss of internet connectivity.....

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions on how to rectify this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsor
dehrle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 13:49    Post subject: Loss of WAN/Internet Connectivity - ISP Comcast Reply with quote
I have a Linksys e3000 any changes other than static dhcp reservations seem to result in loss of my connectivity to the modem - sometime one way (based on traffic monitor) and sometimes no IP from modem if there was a reset. Sometimes turning everything off for 5 to 10 min. then turning the modem on, followed a few minutes later by the E3000, and then followed by connecting the LAN ports restores connectivity. However, the last time I had to restore an old E3000 configuration. Comcast came out once and replaced the cable modem when not even connecting a PC to the modem worked and they were seeing voltage spikes. Now, connecting a PC to the modem works. I have tried multiple versions (big feature set).

So, if you found a solution please let me know.
dehrle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 15:37    Post subject: WAN output 0 - is this your problem? - I need a solution. Reply with quote
Comcast replaced my cable modem as they were seeing power spikes on the line (also replaced coax connectors). At that time I was having a problem requiring me to reset the modem and router every few days (running Linksys stock sw). I converted then to dd-wrt while waiting for them to come out.
With dd-wrt any time I apply a change to my router I am likely (50/50) to have outbound packets go to zero on the WAN/Internet interface base on looking at the GUI Status/Bandwidth page. Page shows Inbound packets and my IP Phone continues to work for a minute or so. Powering off the modem and router (and sometimes all the other attached devices) for >5 min then slowly powering everything on in sequences fixes the problem 2 out of 3 tries. I have no problems with the cable modem when I directly connect a PC to it. Tried multiple vers of dd-wrt and two different Linksys routers (610Nv2 - 18946, 15962, 14292; 320Nv1 18946; 610Nv2 converted to E3000 15962) - same issue with all - same feature run on all - Big.
dehrle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 15:55    Post subject: Next time I make a change - will look at routing table Reply with quote
I was just thinking that my default route could be disappearing - would explain the problem, but makes no sense ...
dehrle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:37    Post subject: In my case Workaround Reply with quote
I found no issues with the routing table. But after applying a change to the router and wan output fixed at zero I could disable the SPI firewall then after a min enable it and all was working. It did not matter whether there were fw rules (admin/commands) or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: