Buffalo WZR-D1800H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
bwinger79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
Whelp after all the rebooting that the WZR-D1800H been doing by itself. It finally *CRASHED*

it lost all the settings... and took about an hour and half to enter in all the settings again.

So those of you that are having issues with it rebooting by itself. SAVE A COPY of your settings.

FWIW....when I first upgraded from stock firmware using the enc file I had issues. I then did a proper 30-30-30 and reflashed the bin and its been stable ever since.
Sponsor
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to do a 30-30-30 after the crash...

Same thing... still reboot on it's own
bwinger79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
I had to do a 30-30-30 after the crash...

Same thing... still reboot on it's own

Yeah...I dont think the 30-30-30 was really what resolved my issues. Things were "wonky" when I first flashed from stock to DD-WRT using the provided ENC file. Not sure why, but reflashing the same firmware using the BIN file once I was already running DD-WRT seemed to stabilize the router. Could have just been dumb luck.
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd be happy if they stabilize the firmware and make the VPN work. I can't get to my computer/files when I am away, and it's driving me nutz.
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally figured WHY the router is rebooting itself.

It has to do with WL0.

Here is a little background. I was using WL0 as N-Only 5Ghz and WL1 as Mix-Mode for 2.4ghz G/N.

As soon as I turned off WL0 it has not rebooted for the past 4 days.

I now have WL1 running at N-Only 5ghz. But I have set it for any other mode on WL1, the router is super stable.

I did run WL0 only at N-Only 5ghz with WL1 turned off. It still reboots but must less intermittently.
athurdent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried lowering TX Power on WL0? Maybe it's getting too hot?
I remember having 5GHz dropouts on my E3000 until I installed KongMod which has a default TX Power of 40. The E3000 has been stable since, but it could of course be one of the other tweaks from Kong that made it stable.
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had it set at 20 from the very beginning.
athurdent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, OK. My WZR-D1800H is brand new and has yet to reboot on it's own. Currently up for 23 hours, keeping my fingers crossed.
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brand new running dd-wrt or stock ?
athurdent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running lastest DD-WRT Version from earlier in this thread, could not find any newer version in Brainslayer's folder. @Brainslayer: Will there be any new builds in the future?
Has anyone tinkered with the LEDs yet? They looked nicer on stock in blue. Haven't played with the gpio commands yet, didn't want to acidentially reset my running configuration. I read one of the gpios might trigger the reset button...
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to say.. I have abandon this DD-WRT firmware. I was sooo sick and tired of the unit rebooting itself (caused by the WL0 adapter).

I have gone back to the original Buffalo firmware and the WIFI is working perfectly and hasn't flash or rebooted itself.

Hopefully someone will continue to fix and develop this firmware. Until then, I shall wait on the side-line
bobiii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24    Post subject: Firmware not ready for primetime Reply with quote
I have also given up on the firmware. It's not ready. Thanks to those who gave us the ability to go back to the stock firmware.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it's a real shame. The hardware on this is good, and a lot cheaper than the Asus AC66 router, but the stock firmware is poor, and DD-WRT just not working right.

Until someone gets DD-WRT fixed, this is a great router that never was. I've been holding off buying this router until decent firmware arrives in the form of a fixed DD-WRT, but for some reason it seems to be stuck in limbo.
dmayle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those reading this thread who want to buy the WZR-D1800H, all is not lost. I just received mine a couple of days ago, and I was having the exact same issue with the router rebooting.

I went looking through this thread, and realized that I was using the exact same wireless config as the people having rebooting issues.

I decided, instead, to follow Brainslayer's config to the letter, and the rebooting problems went away. I actually changed a couple of parameters, so I'm not sure which setting or group of settings are the problem, but I can at least narrow it down.

When I had the rebooting problems these were my wl0/1 settings:
wl0 Wireless Mode: AP
wl0 Wireless Network Mode: N-Only (5 Ghz)
wl0 Wireless Network Name: ******
wl0 Wireless Channel: Auto
wl0 Channel Width: 40 MHz
wl0 Extension Channel: upper

wl1 Wireless Mode: AP
wl1 Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
wl1 Wireless Network Name: ******
wl1 Wireless Channel: Auto
wl1 Channel Width: 20 MHz

I then changed my wl0/1 settings all at once to these, and the rebooting stopped:

wl0 Wireless Channel: 149
wl0 Channel Width: 80 MHz
wl0 Extension Channel: lower lower

wl1 Wireless Network Mode: BG Mixed

I doubt the problem was with my wl1 settings (going from Mixed to BG-Mixed), but I haven't had time to isolate the specific issue. Hopefully this will allow someone to duplicate and fix whatever was causing the problem.
thrymmr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
dmayle wrote:
For those reading this thread who want to buy the WZR-D1800H, all is not lost. I just received mine a couple of days ago, and I was having the exact same issue with the router rebooting.

I went looking through this thread, and realized that I was using the exact same wireless config as the people having rebooting issues.

I decided, instead, to follow Brainslayer's config to the letter, and the rebooting problems went away. I actually changed a couple of parameters, so I'm not sure which setting or group of settings are the problem, but I can at least narrow it down.

When I had the rebooting problems these were my wl0/1 settings:
wl0 Wireless Channel: Auto
wl0 Channel Width: 40 MHz
wl0 Extension Channel: upper

wl1 Wireless Network Mode: Mixed

I then changed my wl0/1 settings all at once to these, and the rebooting stopped:

wl1 Wireless Network Mode: BG Mixed

I doubt the problem was with my wl1 settings (going from Mixed to BG-Mixed), but I haven't had time to isolate the specific issue. Hopefully this will allow someone to duplicate and fix whatever was causing the problem.

I've not encountered any trouble with the pair of WZR-D1800H's since deploying them in June ( Build 19364 ) - they have been super stable.

Wireless Config as follows for Primary WZR-D1800H:

wl1 Wireless Network Mode: N-Only
wl1 Channel Width: 40 MHz
wl1 Extension Channel: upper

Therefore I suspect you are right and their may be an issue for those not following Brainslayers recommendation for wl0

I'd like to take this opportunity as well to thank Brainslayer for his hard work and the awesomeness of DD-WRT.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 52
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: