Buffalo WZR-D1800H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
blublight9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i tested bridged and normal station mode. both works. check your config. i'm using it in a test environment for video streaming since many weeks
Thanks for your help so far! I am not able to connect. But speed test of wifi shows 170Mbps. I am hoping to use the 11ac speeds which is on wl0. The router and bridge is only 5 feet apart with no walls between them.

Settings on AP:
Physical Interface wl0 - SSID [dd-wrt]
Wireless Mode AP
Wireless Network Mode N-only (5 GHz)
Wireless Network Name dd-wrt
Wireless Channel 149 - 5.745
Channel Width 80
Extension Channel lower lower
Wireless SSID Broadcast Enable
Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) 2000
Network Configuration Bridged

Physical Interface wl1 - SSID [dd-wrt]
Wireless Mode AP
Wireless Network Mode Disabled
Wireless Network Name (SSID) dd-wrt
Network ConfigurationUnbridged Bridged

Wireless security is disabled for the time being.

On the bridge the settings are:
Wireless Mode client bridge

Wireless Mode Client Bridge
Sponsor
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
new flash working successfuly,

64k nvram ... I was able to upgrade from previous version without problem.

-Fractal

NVRAM
26.50 KB / 64 KB
CIFS
(Not mounted)
JFFS2
(Not mounted)
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
blublight9 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
i tested bridged and normal station mode. both works. check your config. i'm using it in a test environment for video streaming since many weeks
Thanks for your help so far! I am not able to connect. But speed test of wifi shows 170Mbps. I am hoping to use the 11ac speeds which is on wl0. The router and bridge is only 5 feet apart with no walls between them.

Settings on AP:
Wireless Mode AP
Wireless Channel 149 - 5.745
Channel Width 80
Extension Channel lower lower

Wireless Mode AP
Network ConfigurationUnbridged Bridged

Wireless security is disabled for the time being.

On the bridge the settings are:
Wireless Mode client bridge

Wireless Mode Client Bridge

please show all settings. screenshots from wireless security. setup->wan and also wireless basic. this here is not enough

DD-WRT supported Concerts @ Bunker Dresden
18.7.2014 - London After Midnight
blublight9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
please show all settings. screenshots from wireless security. setup->wan and also wireless basic. this here is not enough

No prob, here are the requested screens and screens where I changed things:

From the AP:

Setup Basic

Wireless Basic

Wireless Security

Security Firewall

From the Client Bridge:
Setup
[IMG]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/774/setupm.pn
g[/IMG]

Setup Basic

Wireless Basic

Wireless Security

Setup Advanced Routing

Security Firewall

Thanks for your time/consideration!
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
try changing your wireless channel, and your extension channel from lower lower to upper ect...

-Fractal
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
blublight9 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

No prob, here are the requested screen. Thanks for your time/consideration!

I think I see the problem : your backbone router (the one with the internet connection) is also configured as a Client Bridge. The 2 devices can't connect this way. Try changing the Network Mode on the backbone router to AP. Client Bridges and Repeater Bridges need to find an AP to talk to.

- Magnetron1.1
blublight9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
try changing your wireless channel, and your extension channel from lower lower to upper ect...

-Fractal
I tried lower lower, lower upper, upper lower, and upper upper with channel as auto (it seem when I change the extension, it changes channel to auto) and get the same rates (approx 150Mbps / 20MB/s).
blublight9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:
I think I see the problem : your backbone router (the one with the internet connection) is also configured as a Client Bridge. The 2 devices can't connect this way. Try changing the Network Mode on the backbone router to AP. Client Bridges and Repeater Bridges need to find an AP to talk to.

- Magnetron1.1
I posted screenshots from both the AP and the client bridge, I think you are looking at the screenshot for the AP? The AP is set as AP (the one connected to the cable modem) and the second router is set as client bridge.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
could it be that there are frequency collisions. i mean i have almost the same setup with a connection rate of 1300 mbit

barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yo BS.. don't wanna hijack this thead.. How is 5ghz support for the 2500 & 3200 going?

all lined up & ready to test.. (3200)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
blublight9 wrote:
I posted screenshots from both the AP and the client bridge, I think you are looking at the screenshot for the AP? The AP is set as AP (the one connected to the cable modem) and the second router is set as client bridge.

OK - Had to go back and check the time stamps on your photos and in photo #1 at 14:36:01 the wl0 interface was configured as Client Bridge and in photo #3 at 14:43:48 you changed it to AP (assuming you did a Save and/or Apply Settings).

My 2 devices are 15 feet apart and separated by a plaster wall (with metal mesh lathe on both sides) and a bookcase and the idle speed is about 866Mbps using channel 149 lower lower. The wl0 transmitters are set to 100 milliwatts. The 2 devices are oriented such that the Repeater which is standing in the upright position on a desk, forms about a 90 degree angle with the left side of the Router which is mounted to a cabinet and 7 feet off the floor.

Doing a backup of the cfe also includes the nvram and the nvram_cfe. It appears that the nvram_cfe gets copied to the nvram during boot-up.

Excerpt from the dmesg log :

bootloader size: 524288
nvram size: 65536
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "sflash":
0x00000000-0x00080000 : "cfe"
0x00050000-0x00060000 : "nvram"
0x00070000-0x00080000 : "nvram_cfe"
Found a Samsung NAND flash with 2048B pages or 128KB blocks; total size 128MB

Update: 6-17-2012

After repositioning a Scotch tape dispenser and sliding the Repeater Bridge a further 1.5 inches to the right while maintaining a 90 degree relationship with the Router as described earlier in this post, the tx/rx connection speeds have increased to 1300Mbps. Have marked the "sweet spot" on the desktop in pencil! Hope this level of performance holds up long term.

Note: It's probably not well understood by many people that if some wireless devices are placed too close together, the transmitter in one device can overwhelm the receiver in the other device thus causing poor performance.

- Magnetron1.1
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magnetron1.1 wrote:
blublight9 wrote:

OK - Had to go back and check the time stamps on your photos and in photo #1 at 14:36:01 the wl0 interface was configured as Client Bridge and in photo #3 at 14:43:48 you changed it to AP (assuming you did a Save and/or Apply Settings).

My 2 devices are 15 feet apart and separated by a plaster wall (with metal mesh lathe on both sides) and a bookcase and the idle speed is about 866Mbps using channel 149 lower lower. The wl0 transmitters are set to 100 milliwatts. The 2 devices are oriented such that the Repeater which is standing in the upright position on a desk, forms about a 90 degree angle with the left side of the Router which is mounted to a cabinet and 7 feet off the floor.

Doing a backup of the cfe also includes the nvram and the nvram_cfe. It appears that the nvram_cfe gets copied to the nvram during boot-up.

Excerpt from the dmesg log :

bootloader size: 524288
nvram size: 65536
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "sflash":
0x00000000-0x00080000 : "cfe"
0x00050000-0x00060000 : "nvram"
0x00070000-0x00080000 : "nvram_cfe"
Found a Samsung NAND flash with 2048B pages or 128KB blocks; total size 128MB

Update: 6-17-2012

After repositioning a Scotch tape dispenser and sliding the Repeater Bridge a further 1.5 inches to the right while maintaining a 90 degree relationship with the Router as described earlier in this post, the tx/rx connection speeds have increased to 1300Mbps. Have marked the "sweet spot" on the desktop in pencil! Hope this level of performance holds up long term.

Note: It's probably not well understood by many people that if some wireless devices are placed too close together, the transmitter in one device can overwhelm the receiver in the other device thus causing poor performance.

- Magnetron1.1

nvram_cfe gets only copied to nvram if nvram is empty. so only if you erase nvram or on first boot. so the nvram_cfe is untouched at all. except by the bootloader. but there is also some benefit in it. nvram_cfe can be used to create own factory default settings.

Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

nvram_cfe gets only copied to nvram if nvram is empty. so only if you erase nvram or on first boot. so the nvram_cfe is untouched at all. except by the bootloader. but there is also some benefit in it. nvram_cfe can be used to create own factory default settings.

Thanks. I noticed after the first boot of build 19364.

- Magnetron1.1
blublight9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks everyone who have been giving me suggestions. It looks like 150Mbps is what I'm able to get for 11ac. It must be interference Sad
phenixdragon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone seeing issues with the router randomly rebooting? I installed dd-wrt.v24-19363_buffalo_ac.bin today and it just seems to stop working every 20 minutes or so, I take a look at the router and the light turns red, a minute or so later, it is working again. My entire network goes down when this is happening and is getting pretty annoying. I am not sure if previous builds for this router had the same issue as I wasn't trying to run it as my main router, but now I am trying.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 49
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: