DIR-615 becomes unresponsive when MacBook Pro is connected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ugli-stix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 20:37    Post subject: DIR-615 becomes unresponsive when MacBook Pro is connected Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm running into a strange problem with my D-Link DIR-615 rev D. If I connect my MacBook Pro - either via Ethernet or Wifi - then my router becomes unresponsive. No other devices can connect to the router either wirelessly or with wired. As soon as I unplug the MacBook Pro or turnoff its wireless then all my other devices (wired server, iPhones, iPad, wired desktop PC, etc) can connect back to the router.

If I open the sys info page on the router's web GUI from my PC then "load average" is typically 15%. Whilst the MacBook is connected however the web GUI does not respond (and neither do pings to the router address from any other device). When I unplug the MacBook the router GUI almost immediately responds and for a few seconds the load average is maxing out at 100%.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can diagnose this issue? I thought perhaps that I had the Flashback Trojan on my MacBook so I downloaded Apple's removal tool and security updates (via USB) and ran them but the problem still persists.

Interestingly, if I try pinging the router from the MacBook I do not get 100% packet loss. It's around 75% loss - and the response time for packets that are received is huge (12000ms).

I hadn't made any setting changes to he router and it has been working fine for 2 years. I know that the usual first piece of advice is to upgrade to the latest firmware - which I've just done with no improvement to the situation. I'm now running (DD-Wrt v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std - build 15578) which I believe was the latest available for my router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
John

Edit: I forgot to mention that the problems only arise when I'm running from the OSX partition. If I boot up into Windows 7 then everything runs smoothly.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: