[solved] WZR-HP-G450H and TFTP original firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
totsubo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi cassioac,

I did finally manage to it installed. Actually a friend of mine did it for me so I don't know what the eact steps were. So it is possible ...

That being said I ended up giving the router away since even with dd-wrt installed it had very limited functionality. I wanted to extend my wifi and this router did not support the functionality I needed.
Sponsor
Seneken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
wpinegar wrote:
I had a similar situation and ended up with the following steps that worked well for me to revert a WZR-HP-G450H from running OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment back to the encrypted version of DD-WRT available directly from Buffalo's web site:

1. Download the factory default DD-WRT firmware from Buffalo's web site.
2. Strip-off the first 208 bytes from the 'wzrhpg450h-pro-v24sp2-20025.enc' file using the 'dd' linux command.
3. Run the 'buffalo-enc' as described in previous postings to create a unencrypted version of the DD-WRT firmware.
4. Use the standard OpenWRT 'sysupgrade' process to update to DD-WRT firmware.

If anyone needs it in the future I've posted the unencrypted version of DD-WRT 'wzrhpg450h-pro-v24sp2-20025.decrypted.bin' on Skydrive at the following location: http://sdrv.ms/11qGrlG

hi bro, i'm a newbie,i dont know how to use sysupgrade Crying or Very sad .Can you guide me how to use the standard "OpenWRT 'sysupgrade'" to downgrade dd-wrt firmware ? I have to upgrade to r23720 firmware on my wzr_hp_g450h and got terrible wifi signal Sad
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seneken wrote:
wpinegar wrote:
I had a similar situation and ended up with the following steps that worked well for me to revert a WZR-HP-G450H from running OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment back to the encrypted version of DD-WRT available directly from Buffalo's web site:

2. Strip-off the first 208 bytes from the 'wzrhpg450h-pro-v24sp2-20025.enc' file using the 'dd' linux command.
3. Run the 'buffalo-enc' as described in previous postings to create a unencrypted version of the DD-WRT firmware.

If anyone needs it in the future I've posted the unencrypted version of DD-WRT 'wzrhpg450h-pro-v24sp2-20025.decrypted.bin' on Skydrive at the following location: http://sdrv.ms/11qGrlG

hi bro, i'm a newbie,i dont know how to use sysupgrade Crying or Very sad .Can you guide me how to use the standard "OpenWRT 'sysupgrade'" to downgrade dd-wrt firmware ? I have to upgrade to r23720 firmware on my wzr_hp_g450h and got terrible wifi signal Sad

Follow the unbricking guide at the bottom of this page to install the buffalo firmware back on your router.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Seneken wrote:
wpinegar wrote:

Follow the unbricking guide at the bottom of this page to install the buffalo firmware back on your router.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH

Many thanks for reply my comment, i have follow this guide and flash completed (.enc file transferred), but after restart the firmware on router doesn't change.It still remains the previous firmware Sad

As I known, if try to flash the firmware none of Buffalo (like OpenWRT, DD-WRT) then would not get back to the Buffalo firmware ?
Original dd-wrt Buffalo firmware is wzrhpg450h-pro-v24sp2-20025, the new community dd-wrt firmware i have flashed is wzr_hp_g450h-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI_r23720.

Have anyone can comeback to r20025 firmware ?
drderr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
can anyone help me decrypt this official firmware... thanks

http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/wzr1750dhp-213.zip

it is the official link... thanks please need it badly
drderr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone can help?
gstammw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
drderr wrote:
can anyone help me decrypt this official firmware... thanks

It is simple:
1. Download the official DD-WRT firmware from Buffalo's web site, unzip it and place the .enc-file in a directory on a linux machine.
2. Strip-off the first 208 bytes from the file, example:
dd bs=208 skip=1 if=wzrhpag300h-pro-v24sp2-19154b.enc of=wzrhpag300h-pro-v24sp2-19154b.enc_less218

3. Run buffalo-enc on it:
./buffalo-enc -d -i wzrhpag300h-pro-v24sp2-19154b.enc_less218 -o wzrhpag300h-pro-v24sp2-19154b-decrypted.bin
Magic : 'start'
Seed : 0x0a
Product : 'WZR-HP-AG300H'
Version : '1.77'
Data len : 15122432
Checksum : 0x57396c3e

4. Use the webinterface of openwrt or whatever is running on your router right now and flash that file.
You should NOT keep the old config files, so do a clean flash.

5. Make sure to clear your brower's cache as the openwrt-luci-interface is very aggressive and will hide the "new" dd-wrt website from you.
drderr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks but the problem is i want to decrypt the official firmware i posted above... dont want the dd-wrt firmware. i want the untouched firmware from buffalo.. thank you again
xtdv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
drderr wrote:
thanks but the problem is i want to decrypt the official firmware i posted above... dont want the dd-wrt firmware. i want the untouched firmware from buffalo.. thank you again

Look like Buffalo changed the encryption key.
steven2020
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
wpinegar wrote:
If you would like alternate instructions for moving from the stock Buffalo friendly firmware to OpenWrt then the following should work. I haven't tested this personally but in theory the process 'should' work:

1. Download the latest 'sysupgrade' build of OpenWrt for your Buffalo router.
2. Run the 'buffalo-enc' utility referenced above, but encrypt the file instead of decrypting it. The command will be similar to the following:
Code:
buffalo-enc -m 'start' -p 'WZR-HP-G450H' -v '12.09' -i openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g450h-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin -o openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g450h-squashfs-sysupgrade.enc

3. Use the 'update airstation firmware' option in the webui of the Buffalo factory firmware to update to the encrypted version of the OpenWrt firmware.

To make this process easier I've uploaded an encrypted version of the OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 firmware onto Skydrive at the following URL. This should upload through the standard 'update airstation firmware' in the factory firmware: http://sdrv.ms/11XnPeX

Hey... I know it's been a few years when you were talking about this, but do you have the decrypted firmware of the g450h router stored in your files?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asking such a question of a forum member who has not been active since Jun 06, 2013 is highly unlikely to receive a response. Good luck on your necro-bump. Take care, now.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: