Unofficial Test builds 19298 with openvpn/ect....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:05    Post subject: Unofficial Test builds 19298 with openvpn/ect.... Reply with quote
I have been testing latest head revision, power light is fixed on the e2500 and openvpn seems fixed as well, as well as SSH. Once and awhile I will post a trailed build to test these broken features... I take then down after about 8 hours as not to flood the bandwidth of the forums...

This is not an official build so please post bugs/fix's ect here do not submit a trac ticket..

Edit: looks like a new topic.. here is the bin for the E2500

Edit: I have uploaded bins to 4shared as not to flood the forums

Again Know your build before flashing.,.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/EdQoQQFM/DD-WRT-BINS-19298.html

-Fractal

buddee wrote:
phlegmer wrote:
Any known issues flashing this build on a WNDR3300?

Thanks

Flashed fine to my 3300, but also keep in mind, with these newer builds and the 3300, the biggest - feature wise - builds you can use on it now atleast for this build would be :

NEWD_std-nokaid_nohotspot_nostor or Mini-hotspot-kaid or any of the smaller builds, cept of course micro.

nokaid or bigger may result in either a fail or brick.
Sponsor
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks fractal will test the nv60-openvpn bin tonight and report back
KriLL3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy in another thread sent me here thinking these builds would fix my 3G issues, but dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-nv60k doesn't have 3G in the list of WAN connections even with core USB support turned on, and I'm guessing dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-nv60k doesn't either? Neutral
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
KriLL3 wrote:
Guy in another thread sent me here thinking these builds would fix my 3G issues, but dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-nv60k doesn't have 3G in the list of WAN connections even with core USB support turned on, and I'm guessing dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-nv60k doesn't either? Neutral

use the std_usb_nas version for your router so you can enable usb.

-Fractal
KriLL3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
KriLL3 wrote:

-Fractal

I did, no 3G in the list of WAN connections to pick from.

Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
KriLL3 wrote:
Fractal wrote:
KriLL3 wrote:

-Fractal

I did, no 3G in the list of WAN connections to pick from.

My bad 3g/4glte is in big build, I am cranking out big for nv60k and nv60k should be up on the site in a few minutes.

-Fractal
KriLL3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
big thanks
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Barryware,

I have been playing with wl_high on this build (aka the 5ghz driver, I think its version 2 specific, maybe new drivers are needed... but I got here so far, you can play as well.

root@DD-WRT:~# insmod wl_high base_1
Symbol usb_register_driver is being used by a non-GPL module, which will not be allowed in the future
Please see the file Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt in the kernel source tree for more details.
Symbol usb_deregister is being used by a non-GPL module, which will not be allowed in the future
Please see the file Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt in the kernel source tree for more details.
wl_high: Module loaded successfully

-Fractal
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
Barryware,

I have been playing with wl_high on this build (aka the 5ghz driver, I think its version 2 specific, maybe new drivers are needed... but I got here so far, you can play as well.

Symbol usb_register_driver is being used by a non-GPL module, which will not be allowed in the future
Symbol usb_deregister is being used by a non-GPL module, which will not be allowed in the future

-Fractal

Not sure what you are saying.. asking.. You want me to load the build (where'z the beef?) to my E3200 and see if 5ghz is present? I do not have a 2500, only the 3200.

If 5ghz works on your 2500, we can assume it would (should) work on the 3200 (maybe??)

Just cuz the module loads, does not mean it works. There are default nvram variables that must be present to support the driver.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Fractal wrote:
Barryware,

-Fractal

Not sure what you are saying.. asking.. You want me to load the build (where'z the beef?) to my E3200 and see if 5ghz is present? I do not have a 2500, only the 3200.

If 5ghz works on your 2500, we can assume it would (should) work on the 3200 (maybe??)

Just cuz the module loads, does not mean it works. There are default nvram variables that must be present to support the driver.

yep thats the problem module loads but that is as far as I have gotten, need to do more research with RT-N53 drivers to see what needs set.... but its progress

Smile

-Fractal
KriLL3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:

My bad 3g/4glte is in big build, I am cranking out big for nv60k and nv60k should be up on the site in a few minutes.

-Fractal

Been an hour no new files on http://www.4shared.com/folder/EdQoQQFM/DD-WRT-BINS-19298.html did you mean some other place by "site" ?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
KriLL3 wrote:
Fractal wrote:

-Fractal

Been an hour no new files on http://www.4shared.com/folder/EdQoQQFM/DD-WRT-BINS-19298.html did you mean some other place by "site" ?

had a problem with big build, submitted ticket.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2561#ticket

we will see what happens.

-Fractal
jacobfogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 18:26    Post subject: Which Bin? Reply with quote
Hi there, sorry for my ignorance, but which build should I be using for the e2500? I see the dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-e2k-e3k.bin as well as the dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2500.bin

I wasn't sure about the second one because the e2500 does not have a built in USB port, and I wasn't sure about the first build because it doesn't specifically say 2500...

Thanks for the clarification!
jacobfogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 23:14    Post subject: Never mind Reply with quote
Never mind... I figured it out. =)

It's the trailed e2500 file.
alvardm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry if I'm not reading this correctly, but does this mean that we should be seeing the 5ghz band on e2500 with this new build?

Thanks for all the hard work, its appreciated...

Fractal wrote:
Barryware,

-Fractal
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: