WRT54G -> Netgear WNDR3700v2 repeater bridge connect spee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
themagicm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 0:24    Post subject: WRT54G -> Netgear WNDR3700v2 repeater bridge connect spee Reply with quote
Config:

WRT54G with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/30/09) micro, configured as a repeater bridge and has a VAP setup also is connected to the Netgear at channel 6.

WRT54g is setup to only accept connections via Wireless G.

When I connect wirelessly to WRT54G VAP and do a speedtest its about 3.5-4.5mbps.

When I connect wirelessly to the Netgear router also via Wireless G and do the same test to the same server I get about 6.5mbps.

My question is..is the WRT54G connecting from it to the Netgear at Wireless G or a slower type connection? Being that when I setup the "Wireless Physical Interface wl0" for a repeater bridge, its on channel 6, yet Wireless G on the Netgear is on channel 149 so I'm assuming the slowdown is because I'm connecting at something other than g.

If thats the case, how do I connect these two routers at the wireless g channel?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: