NEED HELP WITH WRT54GS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
xtonytttx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 0:57    Post subject: NEED HELP WITH WRT54GS Reply with quote
Ok so i have a linksys WRT54GS v1.0 router.

i installed DD-WRT correctly and had no issues what so ever. Now all of a sudden my router will not work. but its very strange.

My computer will work (wich in hardwired to router), but none of the other computers on the LAN will work and my wireless will not work. My router power light in blinking along with the other lights.

iv tried to set a default gateway manually and all that fun stuff and it has not worked.

192.168.1.1 does not load the setup page in an internet browser it says process is taking to long as well as 173.3.92.1

when i ping my ip address i get this

IPv4 Address 173.3.95.189
Subnet Mask 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway 173.3.92.1

I also tried tftp with those numbers and it has failed, i think i have tried almost everything, and i would give up except for the fact that somehow the lights are kind of working and my computer is still connected to the internet.

If anyone has any ideas please help, i pretty much know what im doing and even im stuck on this one.
Sponsor
xtonytttx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
iv also tried pin shortinh but its not working. . .what im really wondering i guess is why is assigned that strange ip address and weird submask
thenotwellman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
i offer this as it worked for me. i have wrt54gs v 1.1 cgn2. using windows 7 if that matters. the trick i think was in the timing of powering up the router and activating the linksys tftp program within a second or so. i restored linksys stock firmware and reinstalled dd wrt

http://www.idealinternet.co.uk/restore-linksys-firmware.tpl
Gamekeeper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got a 54GS V3 with DD installed...is there updates or anything I should be aware of? I planning on useing my WRT54GS V3 as a repeater
mstombs
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
xtonytttx's problem seems as though he just changed from "gateway" mode to "router" mode then the first computer connect gets an IP direct from the ISP, and others don't get internet. You need "gateway" for the router to act as a "nat router" sharing the single internet connect. In "router" mode it just routes!

There's a chance that pin-shorting will have permanently damaged either CPU or flash or both, so assuming it is still ok...

The wrt54gs web gui was likely still there, just needed to set a static IP/netmask on your computer in same range as router i.e. use 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 if router still at default 192.168.1.1.

If not try a 30-30-30 reset to reset to defaults.

Permanently flashing power light can mean router stuck in a reboot loop due to corrupt nvram - you need 2 hours to solder on a JTAG header, then 2 seconds to erase nvram to fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: