WBMR HP G300H - 19327 - LAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
deadite66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
wondered if anyone tried fixing the vlan by telnet if the gui didn't work?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt with atheros doesn't support VLANs with its own parameters, so telnet config probably wouldn't work. as noted here..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VLAN_Support#General_Information

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
khael
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
so we should wait another months to get this fix: (
mazecreator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
masterdukill wrote:
I can also confirm that on the WZR-HP-G300NH, i'm have the lan switch issue on r18777, r18777, r19327, and r19342.

Basically, the computers connected on the LAN cannot ping each other, but it can ping the router. And on the router, it can ping the computers.

Solution right now is to use a switch, and then computers can talk to each other Sad.

I did the 30/30/30 reset like 3 times to make sure. I'm going to fallback to an other build to see if its working there

I had the same problem with R18777, not local routing so I couldn't ping other equipment attached to the switch. Flashed the 2 latest versions, still had the same problem.

But! Then I wrote down all the critical settings in my router and re-flashed with a NVRAM reset, setup the parameters I wrote down and it works fine. Make sure you reset your flash and try it from scratch. There must be something in the NVRAM from older builds that are not compatible with the latest build.

I can confirm LAN now works on r19327 and r19342 with a clean install. I have tried this on an NH and an NH2 unit. So waiting for a fix isn't likely to help (as I thought it would).
khael
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm sorry but i don't understand.
I try clearing nvram bud it doesn't work
I try also 30/30/30.
Thanks
Khael
mazecreator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
khael wrote:
i'm sorry but i don't understand.
I try clearing nvram bud it doesn't work
I try also 30/30/30.
Thanks
Khael

Sorry, didn't realize you were talking about G300H, as I have a G300NH/G300NH2. Although what you described is identical to the situation on my routers. Wouldn't route locally after the firmware updates after last year. But when I flashed with reset NVRAM (all on the same page), I did also compare the "Vlan.asp" as stated earlier in the thread, they were wrong as well, but didn't fix the problem a lone so you may need to do both. I had "LAN" on the right hand side, also once I got it working, all the checks moved up 1 line (so VLAN 0 & 1 look like the 1 & 2 in that image).

Hope that helps for the 300H as well.
breaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
In case you are refering to the first screenshot of khael. I think he screwed around a bit with the settings. This is how it looks like after a clean update and reset to the latest version (19342):

So it's exactly as you described the working solution. But LAN doesn't work at all.
WLAN - WLAN: working
WLAN - LAN: working
LAN - LAN: not working
masterdukill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darn, i should of checked the Vlan.asp page. I'm currently happen with the 18024 build. Is there any reason why i should jump to the latest build? Maybe i can try it next weekend.
mazecreator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
breaker wrote:
In case you are refering to the first screenshot of khael. I think he screwed around a bit with the settings. This is how it looks like after a clean update and reset to the latest version (19342):

So it's exactly as you described the working solution. But LAN doesn't work at all.
WLAN - WLAN: working
WLAN - LAN: working
LAN - LAN: not working

That is close to mine, not sure it would make a difference for LAN-LAN, but on my wireless setting towards the bottom I have "LAN" selected.
breaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem is I can't change anything. When I hit "save" it sets the default values back like they are in the screenshot. Maybe that is the reason why this vlan page isn't indicated in the webinterface.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
dd-wrt with atheros doesn't support VLANs with its own parameters, so telnet config probably wouldn't work. as noted here..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VLAN_Support#General_Information

Is why the VLANs page is hidden..

There are people that have gotten VLAN config from the shell to work, i don't know the parameters though, but they had to include a start-up script that sets the parameters, you may search the forum and see if you can find it.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
breaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
we are not alone. openwrt guys are figthing with the same problem: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11143
khael
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes i know...
i don't understand why it's totally random....
Now i'm using a 10/100 switch to fix this problem, but i need gigabit lan Sad

there isn't possibility of a fix without waiting for a new build??

Unfortunately the build out slowly (rightly)!!
deadite66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
to be fair it's only been 4 years since the last stable build.
Boozeman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
khael wrote:
yes i know...
i don't understand why it's totally random....
Now i'm using a 10/100 switch to fix this problem, but i need gigabit lan Sad

there isn't possibility of a fix without waiting for a new build??

Unfortunately the build out slowly (rightly)!!

Hello there

I try builds 19342 and 19327 to my WBMR-HP-G300H router and have similar problem with you guys. I follow this thread and go to the openwrt-thread too. And there I got it!

I make it a startup script look like:

Code:

sleep 10
swconfig dev eth0 vlan 1 set ports "0 1 2 3 4 5"
swconfig dev eth0 set apply

And it worked for me! (now in build: 19327)

Now I'm Happy playing Minecraft with my two sons in our private minecraft server one of the machines connected to LAN Laughing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: