Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H Requiring Restart every 48 hours?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
pickleman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 23:16    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H Requiring Restart every 48 hours? Reply with quote
I have been having some issues with my Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H with Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std.

After some testing it seems the issues I am facing are strictly related to the NoCatSplash Captive Portal.

What would happen is, about 36-48 hours the router will cease internet to new users, but allow internet to current users to continue.

I have the router set to schedule reboot every morning at 6am before our cafe opens.

From my testing, this is what I know when this occurs:
1) Other people can still browse the internet and are unaffected (if they were logged in before the issue started)
2) If you just log into the wifi, you get a valid DHCP but any web requests don't redirect you to the splash page.
3) You CAN browse any sites in the white list during this moment.. So the PC does have internet only to the whitelisted sites in the NoCatSplash settings.
4) Any other site you try to visit just fails to a unable try again white screen.

I go to the Administration, Management and hit Reboot Router and everything starts working again and new users and old users are able to reconnect and be redirected to the NoCat Splash page.

This leads me to believe it is NoCatSplash Related. I have been tempted to turn off NoCatSplash to see if if this issue continues but I really want the TOS for Free Wifi use to stay on, plus we use it for advertisements in house.

I do NOT know if this is the right place for this. I was going to post it the Atheros forum but I figured it wasnt hardware that was causing this and is probably software with NoCatSplash.

Thanks for ANY help you can give, I greatly appreciate it.

If you need any other information or have any other questions please ask. Moderators if this is in the wrong place can you please move or direct me to the correct place and I will repost there.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: