First time with DD-WRT with ASUS RT-N12B1 + MiFi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
suparedman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 18:18    Post subject: First time with DD-WRT with ASUS RT-N12B1 + MiFi Reply with quote
Hi All.

Background:
Last night was fun, but i didn't get on the road until 2am. Have a situation where no internet access at a car wash, but 4GLTE Verizon is available. At the Carwash I installed a 8 ch DVR with network features.

What i need:
Needed to share Mifi to a second router but Mifi has no cat5e connection. Found through searching online a thing called DD-WRT. I read several posts in the forums and found that this is something that i want to try.

What i did:
- Purchased internet from Verizon model number of device is MiFi 4620L.
- Purchased Asus router, from reading the supported routers and what i had available to me at pick up was the Asus RT-N12B1.
- downloaded dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_RT-N12B1
- Followed all that i could handle and concept from the post http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54889
- FLashed Asus with dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_RT-N12B1
- Logged on changed passwords.
- Set as Repeater Bridge, Need Mifi as 1st router and Asus as second. Followed wiki how to

What i Found
- For whatever reason i could only get the G wireless to work. in setting up bridge had to set wireless radio to G only, any other option would not connect. Both Mifi and Asus are N capable. But thats okay speeds tested at 20down 10up on 4G network.
- Could not get Repeater Bridge to work, changed in setup of Asus to Client Bridge and i could connect devices to the 4 port switch on the Asus and they would receive DHCP from MiFi and were able to access the internet.

What i could not get to work
- The port forward feature from Mifi to the DVR to see the Cameras from anywhere that has internet or a smart phone.

Any Clues? Anybody?
Sponsor
wnrobt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:46    Post subject: ASUS RT-N12 ver B1 Reply with quote
Hello Suparedman--

I've had similar problems in the past, with other platforms. I too am experimenting with a new RT-N12-B1. I can't get mine to turn the radio on, as I was trying to duplicate your results and then move on. Can't do much without the radio on!

I also tried using a Telnet/SSH session login over the LAN port, to try to get some info for this post, but I couldn't get past the login/password demand. Seems the regular web login parameters are not those required for the command line entry.

So, I'm a little stuck! Pls PM me, and perhaps we can exchange phone numbers and exchange more specifics. My ultimate application of this box is very much like yours.

very best regards/robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: