Firmware for my router. What is the latest on developement?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
shutech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:54    Post subject: Firmware for my router. What is the latest on developement? Reply with quote
OK

Yes I have read the Peacock post.

I currently have:

1 WRT54G-TM Running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929

2 WRT54G v1.x Running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/18/09) std - build 13491M VINT Eko

2 WRT-600n Builds I can not get to the config page to see it but both are running the same build 1 router Is the router to the internet. The second is a wire range extender to the upper floors.

1. WRT54G V2 sitting on shelf so not sure of the build.

And I have on the way wrt54-GS V4 already on DD-WRT that I don't know what the version is.

The thing Is I have quite a few Linksys Routers on DD-WRT.

The only problem is that I am seeing trying to figure out stable versions becoming more and more fragmented.

First there is the stable build listed on the home page. which is very old.

Then there is the stable build listed in the Peacock thread which I am running and it is from 08/12/10

Then there is the router database and the older router list. Those are all over the place.

I am looking to standardize on my routers.

For My purely 2.4 environments I will be using the wrt54g-TM I am also in the need of having a VPN setup from site to site for only a couple connections. I had OpenVPN setup on the wrt54G-tm and each machine I wanted OpenVPN on I set it up on the machine. But I now have need to do this with non configured devices so was going to use The wrt54gs v4 put it behind my main router on the origination network and have any devives that I want to route through the VPN rouite through the WRT54GS which will be setup with DD-WRTs VPN version.

In environments where I need both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ I am going to use the WRT600N

So now with all the fragmentation and IMO confusion on figuring out which Builds I should use how do I keep up with the different builds? I have been using the Peacock thread but that build is coming up on 2 years old.

The second thing is that I am going to be managing a few more sights hence the plethora of routers I already have. All of these sites have some model from linksys and I am debating on getting into the should I put DD-WRT on the ones I can or replace across the board with one model. Also I believe in TANSTAAFL but from looking at such outdated info on the website, is a donation worth it or is DDWRT dying out on its development end. V24 Service Pack 2 has been in open beta for what 2 plus years?

What are some thoughts?

Michael
Sponsor
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I am using v15962 in production and am evaluating 18946

All routers are K26 broadcom WNR3500Ls(v1) E3000 or E3200s

Hope this helps

Cheers
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: