so correct me if im wrong...

Goto page Previous  1, 2
chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI,

i got the bulletm2 and bulletm5.
After upgrading the airos from 5.3.5 to 5.5(gui) the bootloader changed:

U-Boot 1.1.4.2-s550 (Feb 9 2012 - 17:16:25)

Then we installed the mentioned firmware ( ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/) without issues, and it works.

Sponsor
zank
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris wrote:
HI,

i got the bulletm2 and bulletm5.
After upgrading the airos from 5.3.5 to 5.5(gui) the bootloader changed:

U-Boot 1.1.4.2-s550 (Feb 9 2012 - 17:16:25)

Then we installed the mentioned firmware ( ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/) without issues, and it works.

Hi i go to the Powerapn directory from the above link but there are two files there.

PAPN-DD-WRT.BIN
powerAP-N-webflash-firmware.bin

how do i flash this to my ubiquiti power apn? Do i just upload one of the file from the airos update tab (if so which one of the above files?) or is there some other way to do this.
chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

PAPN-DD-WRT.BIN

use for airos gui updates AND tftp (on how to flash / recovery your ubnt device look here:
http://wiki.ubnt.com/Firmware_Recovery )

powerAP-N-webflash-firmware.bin:
for webupgrade if you already have dd-wrt installed.

so the "XXXX-DD-WRT.BIN" files are there for original airos -> dd-wrt and tftp procedure.

Clear?

zank
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont have dd wrt yet on the router, its airps 5.5. So if i understand this correctly i first need to flash the papn-ddwrt.bin. And then once thats done login in to 192.168.0.1 and flash the webflash firmware.bin.

If i need to resort back to airos 5.5 do i just go into dd wrt upgrade tab and restore the airos.bin file?

Lastly i havent paid yet for the pro license i want to test it first.

EDIT: ok so i reread your message a few times and gave it a shot. So basically what you mean is the two files are unrelated. Since i dont have DD WRT on the router yet, i used the XXX-DD-WRT.bin file. If i want to upgrade to a newer version since i now have dd wrt i would use the webflash firmware.bin file.

I did the firmflash and now have dd wrt on my router.

Just one more question. i want to put the router on its maximum power settings (and lower later if needed...i have a pretty big house to cover).

I went into wireless settings. and enabled advanced settings.

Now first of all what country do i select in the regulatory domain to get maximum juice out of router? im in pakistan and theres no regulation here so im sure i can use anything. ive set it to paksitan for now.

More importantly what is the TX power and antenna gain settings i should use? right now its set to to tx power 20 dbm and antenna gain 0 dbi. i thought the max allowed is 26 dbm for the powerap n router?. do i use that for tx power? what do i use for antenna gian? I go into status and then wireless and it says TX rate is 18 dbm.

chris wrote:
Hi,

PAPN-DD-WRT.BIN

use for airos gui updates AND tftp (on how to flash / recovery your ubnt device look here:
http://wiki.ubnt.com/Firmware_Recovery )

powerAP-N-webflash-firmware.bin:
for webupgrade if you already have dd-wrt installed.

so the "XXXX-DD-WRT.BIN" files are there for original airos -> dd-wrt and tftp procedure.

Clear?
NETSHARK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I`ve Tried to Flash to the Latest Build Which is here /others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/ubnt_PowerAP-N/ i Used the Tftp Method only because i`ve just Bricked WAP54G via WebFlash i don`t trust webflashes anymore, anyway first i tried to Flash it with AirOS 5.5 Installed, No Succsess at all, it flashes then the router`s LEDs keept Dancing, i waited too long, and i was afraid that i Lost the Power AP N too lol, anyway i did flash to AirOS 5.3.5 with succsess then again i flashed back the latest DD-WRT and this time the Tftp Flash took more longer time than before, and it just rebooted and it did WORK Smile

Thanks For the Support Guys and keep up the good Work ;1
FlorenseejtinaKe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
well you are right i really like your idea thanks to told us that, some times those problems really arises but thanks to share this nice post.
Potomac Locksmith
modsbyus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 22:05    Post subject: Bullet M2 XM 5.5.10 cant upgrate to dd-wrt Reply with quote
I have tried the file listed as working from one of the posts above but I still get Firmware image check failed. Error code: -6
Can anyone help with this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: