WNDR4500, Found a ddWRT build for it & been working well

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Narkhelek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZeDestructor wrote:
Can someone test the Wifi client mode of this firmware on the WNDR4500? Specifically, I need one of the wireless radios to act as a client/WAN port while the rest acts as a normal router.

The 5GHz radio is not working yet so there really is no way to test this until an update is released.
Sponsor
tathagata
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
2.4Ghz is working. So you can test with that.
Meanwhile I am working on 5G. Once it is done, I will release another version. Currently my board is not working, so I have to repair it and get another one to continue my work.
tathagata
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
HaTaX wrote:
Fractal, maybe you can chime in with any ideas on if the issues with the 5ghz side of things is possibly related to something off the main branch, or just not configured correctly in the current build?

Would really like to have that back, just not badly enough to go back to stock firmware yet. Smile

Thanks again for the effort all! It's been pretty stable since install, I have noticed sometimes a reboot brings it back up to full speed so I've setup a weekly reboot for it. Otherwise everything else has been working well.

I have been busy testing the D1800H but got some time this weekend to put the wndr4500 on the bench.. Here is some things that are missing:

gpio=7 is robo-reset
gpio=6 is reset/sis gpio

Vlan2 ports= 4 8u
pa2gw1a=0x1DFC
pa2gw1a1=0x1FF9
pa2gw1a2=0x1E58
-----
5ghz:
maxp5gla0=0x60
maxp5gla1=0x60
maxp5gla2=0x60
maxp5gha0=0x72
maxp5gha1=0x72
maxp5gha2=0x72
pa5gw0a0=0xFE6C
pa5gw0a1=0xFE72
pa5gw0a2=0xFE75
pa5glw2a0=0xFFFF
pa5ghw2a0=0xF8C5
pa5ghw2a1=0xF8D6
pa5ghw2a2=0xF8DA

gw:
pa2gw0a0=0xFE56
pa2gw0a1=0xFEB3
pa2gw0a2=0xFE6A

I think that is about it what is missing from sysinit to get the 5ghz working.. I will check more later..

-Fractal

Are you able to test 5G and reset button ? Could you please send me the modified files ?
Joki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
THX for DD-wtr on my router Very Happy

I have a litle problem more,
I cant conect over pppoe to my provider Sad
I have a modem and corect data for login, i press conect button under status and ddwrt say only "Connection Type: Disabled"
is it the old build from ddwrt?
Sorry for my bad english.

Joki
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
tathagata wrote:
Meanwhile I am working on 5G. Once it is done, I will release another version. Currently my board is not working, so I have to repair it and get another one to continue my work.

Ugh. I tried flashing the WNDR4500 a couple of days ago... aaaand I bricked it. How do I reflash it? The usual hold reset to start in TFTP restore mode doesn't work.

I also have a serial adapter dongle, so if serial access is needed, that will be fine too, although it will take longer since I don't have a computer with a serial port for a few days.

EDIT: Flashed via WebUI, no particular preparation. Beta test unit (identical to retail but has serial and JTAG ports soldered in internally and different case design.
Narkhelek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
What would the proper procedure be to revert back to stock firmware for the WNDR4500? I'm having some issues where my wifi clients are dropping their wifi periodically and I wanted to see if I continue to have the same issue with stock firmware. Thanks!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say to revert would be the same procedure as with most netgear/broadcom units, you'd need to unlock the firmware and put it in management mode, but i'm not 100% certain on if this would work for a 4500 because i haven't personally tried it on this unit, it is however the same on the wndr3300/WNR3500L/WNDR4000. But i would wait for some confirmation from a 4500 owner that has actually reverted successfully.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3300#Reverting_.2F_recovery_tftp_mode

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
tathagata
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using my DD-WRT firmware I can revert back to original firmware. I need to do firmware upgrade through web UI of my DD-WRT firmware.
Joki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Joki wrote:
Hello,
THX for DD-wtr on my router Very Happy

I have a litle problem more,
I cant conect over pppoe to my provider Sad
I have a modem and corect data for login, i press conect button under status and ddwrt say only "Connection Type: Disabled"
is it the old build from ddwrt?
Sorry for my bad english.

Joki

I become no conaction again Sad
anyone a idear?
dat
Joki
texasex1998
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone know of a version with VPN that will work? I really don't need the wireless capabilities as of right now I have an R6300 running as an AP that takes care of that but I am going to be travelling and want to use the VPN to protect my iPad connection over wifi. If there is and someone could provide a link to download I would be greatful
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZeDestructor wrote:
tathagata wrote:

Ugh. I tried flashing the WNDR4500 a couple of days ago... aaaand I bricked it. How do I reflash it? The usual hold reset to start in TFTP restore mode doesn't work.

I also have a serial adapter dongle, so if serial access is needed, that will be fine too, although it will take longer since I don't have a computer with a serial port for a few days.

EDIT: Flashed via WebUI, no particular preparation. Beta test unit (identical to retail but has serial and JTAG ports soldered in internally and different case design.

No dice on restoring either. Here's my serial output during boot: http://pastie.org/4312907
thedscman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZeDestructor wrote:

No dice on restoring either. Here's my serial output during boot: http://pastie.org/4312907

So it looks like you have a serial connection. Did you try to hit <Ctrl-C> after you booted to see if it would drop to the CFE? I haven't tried changing the firmware on my WNDR4500 as I don't want to potentially brick it.

This is for the WNR3500, but I think it should be close to what you need to do.

http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/36609/How-to-Debrick-Your-WNR3500Lv2-Using-Windows-and-a-USB-TTL-Cable/?textpage=2

dC
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
thedscman wrote:
ZeDestructor wrote:

So it looks like you have a serial connection. Did you try to hit <Ctrl-C> after you booted to see if it would drop to the CFE? I haven't tried changing the firmware on my WNDR4500 as I don't want to potentially brick it.

http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/36609/How-to-Debrick-Your-WNR3500Lv2-Using-Windows-and-a-USB-TTL-Cable/?textpage=2

dC

Somehow, my WNDR4500 doesn't respond to any input over serial. Interestingly, it seems to have some corruption over the serial transfer...
savy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02    Post subject: WAN Led gpio Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
HaTaX wrote:
Fractal, maybe you can chime in with any ideas on if the issues with the 5ghz side of things is possibly related to something off the main branch, or just not configured correctly in the current build?

Would really like to have that back, just not badly enough to go back to stock firmware yet. Smile

Thanks again for the effort all! It's been pretty stable since install, I have noticed sometimes a reboot brings it back up to full speed so I've setup a weekly reboot for it. Otherwise everything else has been working well.

I have been busy testing the D1800H but got some time this weekend to put the wndr4500 on the bench.. Here is some things that are missing:

gpio=7 is robo-reset
gpio=6 is reset/sis gpio

Vlan2 ports= 4 8u
pa2gw1a=0x1DFC
pa2gw1a1=0x1FF9
pa2gw1a2=0x1E58
-----
5ghz:
maxp5gla0=0x60
maxp5gla1=0x60
maxp5gla2=0x60
maxp5gha0=0x72
maxp5gha1=0x72
maxp5gha2=0x72
pa5gw0a0=0xFE6C
pa5gw0a1=0xFE72
pa5gw0a2=0xFE75
pa5glw2a0=0xFFFF
pa5ghw2a0=0xF8C5
pa5ghw2a1=0xF8D6
pa5ghw2a2=0xF8DA

gw:
pa2gw0a0=0xFE56
pa2gw0a1=0xFEB3
pa2gw0a2=0xFE6A

I think that is about it what is missing from sysinit to get the 5ghz working.. I will check more later..

-Fractal

can you provide gpio information about WAN LED?? I am unable to identify the same.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
thedscman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZeDestructor wrote:
thedscman wrote:
ZeDestructor wrote:

dC

I'm assuming the comm params are correct for the serial port.

Somehow, my WNDR4500 doesn't respond to any input over serial. Interestingly, it seems to have some corruption over the serial transfer...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: