WNDR4500, Found a ddWRT build for it & been working well

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
zk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
@tathagata

Can you Post the changes you made at the Source Code to get the wndr4500 working?

Mike
Sponsor
mhaqs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
tathagata wrote:
What is kong-mode?

http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/19806/DD-WRT-Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-miniDLNA-Samba3-WNR3500Lv1/

It has USB/FTP/Samba3/miniDLNA preinstalled into the dd-wrt firmware.
tathagata
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
This release also contains USB, FTP and SAMBA3. Only miniDLNA is not supported in this release.
mhaqs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't say about Samba3, the installed version is Samba2.
jamesk2012
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 16:14    Post subject: Open VPN Reply with quote
Hi,
just curious if this ddwrt has openvpn support.
thanks
james
gfunkuk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just registered to express my thanks to those working on this project. I've never used dd-wrt and it sounds like it may be in too early stages for me to try it in its current form. I've not actually checked back here for a good few months so quite a surprise to see people are now properly working on it.

Looking forward to WOL and OpenVPN support Very Happy
tathagata
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
gfunkuk wrote:
I've just registered to express my thanks to those working on this project. I've never used dd-wrt and it sounds like it may be in too early stages for me to try it in its current form. I've not actually checked back here for a good few months so quite a surprise to see people are now properly working on it.

Looking forward to WOL and OpenVPN support Very Happy

This firmware supports WOL. But OpenVPN is missing. I am trying to prepare another release with OpenVPN.
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Question to tathagata: does your build of dd-wrt modify the CFE of the WNDR4500? I bricked my WNDR4500 around July 2012 and I used a serial cable to get into the console and poke around. Sadly, I can only see what is being done and no inputs are recognized, contrary to what it should be doing according to all accounts.

EDIT: I've been inactive for the past 6 months since my computer with a serial port failed and got replaced. I only recently got a Dell PR02X dock for my laptop and can finally talk to things over parallel and serial ports.
tathagata
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZeDestructor wrote:
Question to tathagata: does your build of dd-wrt modify the CFE of the WNDR4500? I bricked my WNDR4500 around July 2012 and I used a serial cable to get into the console and poke around. Sadly, I can only see what is being done and no inputs are recognized, contrary to what it should be doing according to all accounts.

EDIT: I've been inactive for the past 6 months since my computer with a serial port failed and got replaced. I only recently got a Dell PR02X dock for my laptop and can finally talk to things over parallel and serial ports.

No, my dd-wrt firmware does not do anything to CFE.
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
tathagata wrote:
ZeDestructor wrote:

No, my dd-wrt firmware does not do anything to CFE.

Thank you. This means I can happily harass the Netgear guys to get this fail CFE fixed.
canadianstu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to post my thanks for the mod, just loaded it onto my WNDR4500v1 with no issues and its working a treat.
v1ad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
On second try got printer working and jffs working by using USB stick formatted with ext2. Installed optware and p910nd.

Be warned: after installing dd-wrt there is no way going back to factory firmware! At least I found no way without opening up the device. Tried 30/30/30, mtd erase linux, erase linux and all kinds of reset switch combinations.

Noticeable problem, found no way to disable proftpd and samba from webgui. As workaround, used kill script from jffs.

All I needed is printer support, pptp vpn and ddns. So I'm very happy with setup right now. Thanks for all the work!
Mr90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 18:07    Post subject: None Reply with quote
I can confirm there is no way to disable ftp and samba in the web gui.

I have no problem going back to netgear stock firmware!
mhaqs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apart from the Samba and ProFTP disable issue, I couldn't change the Router's name. It reverts back to DD-WRT.
v1ad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you get it back to factory firmware? I could not find router specific instructions to do this. I got v1, not sure if there is difference between v2 and v1.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: