Help. ZERO idea what the hell I'm doing.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
noobit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 18:34    Post subject: Help. ZERO idea what the hell I'm doing. Reply with quote
I just moved and there is an unsecured Linksys network here. Apparently someone set it up after the complex wanted to do a contract deal and force people into it. Whatever.

I can access it outside, but not in my apartment. However, I can still see it and it has a single bar of power.

I have a Linksys/Cisco router that I put DDWRT on. Okay now what? Do I have to physically connect it to the unsecured router to make my router repeat the signal? Is there a way that I can use the unsecured IP to DHCP to me and get online? I don't have physical access to the unsecured router.

Thank for any help. I'm fucking stupid at this shit.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:17    Post subject: Re: Help. ZERO idea what the hell I'm doing. Reply with quote
noobit wrote:

I have a Linksys/Cisco router that I put DDWRT on. Okay now what?

Now you should call a local ISP company and get service provided to you.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: