WAp54G v3.0 bricked nothing works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
stoopidnoobie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:34    Post subject: WAp54G v3.0 bricked nothing works Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and have found that i dont know even a fraction of what i thought i did. so here it goes.

i had a wap54gv3 flashed with dd-wrt working as a repeater between two wrt54gv8's. it broke so i purchased another wrt54gv8 flashed with dd-wrt figuring to use it in place of the wap54g. i could not get the wrt54 to act as a repeater. after hours of struggle i gave up(if you can solve that problem that would be a bonus). i gave up and purchased a wap54gv3 but had the same issue of no repeat. in frustration i decided to flash back to linksys firmware. following the ddwrt wiki i flashed the revert.bin file and thats when the router went dead.

tried 30/30/30 reset but nothing.
I get a solid red power light and a solid orange link light but no act light and no wifi light.
it is not transmitting a SSID nor is it seen as connected via ethernet cable.
i tried to ping all the different IP numbers it could be but no good.
Sad Sad Sad Sad
it has to be something stoopid that im missing or doing wrong.

would love to just use the wrt54g if i could get it repeating wirelessly.

please help me if you can but understand im not as tech savvy as i should be.

thank you
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: