/mnt now on /tmp/mnt?

facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:05    Post subject: /mnt now on /tmp/mnt? Reply with quote
This change appeared on newer builds after 17201. It breaks the usb mounting. Also, dd-wrt is mounting my 2 partitions on /opt. Cant mount on /mnt. Its making a mess on the files and folders and can only access 1 partition (the last mounted)
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Re: /mnt now on /tmp/mnt? Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
This change appeared on newer builds after 17201. It breaks the usb mounting. Also, dd-wrt is mounting my 2 partitions on /opt. Cant mount on /mnt. Its making a mess on the files and folders and can only access 1 partition (the last mounted)

Yeah...its a problem for sure....but this is what I created as a startup script....it now mounts correctly and I can access my \mnt data just fine.

redhawk

Code:

sleep 15
umount /opt
umount /opt
mount /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /opt
mount /dev/discs/disc0/part4 /mnt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here it still mounts as /tmp/mnt. If im on root and do cd /mnt, it takes me to /tmp/mnt. And it only mounts if that folder exists.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
Here it still mounts as /tmp/mnt. If im on root and do cd /mnt, it takes me to /tmp/mnt. And it only mounts if that folder exists.

Well...that's true...my unit has /mnt linked directly to /tmp/mnt.

I did alter my startup script since I posted here. I am currently running....no issues on my RT-N16 with 18007 K26 mega build.

redhawk

Code:

sleep 15
umount /opt
umount /opt
mount /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /opt
mount /dev/discs/disc0/part3 /tmp/c
mount /dev/discs/disc0/part4 /mnt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help.
I manage to fix it. I had to include a mkdir /tmp/mnt before mounting on startup. I also disabled automount so i dont need to umount the /opt first.

Why do you mount a partition on tmp/c? I wish i could increase ram with the usb drive.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
Thanks for the help.
I manage to fix it. I had to include a mkdir /tmp/mnt before mounting on startup. I also disabled automount so i dont need to umount the /opt first.

Why do you mount a partition on tmp/c? I wish i could increase ram with the usb drive.

Its been awhile since I looked at it...but I'm pretty sure the /tmp/c is used by OTRW for swap space.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware%2C_the_Right_Way

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Setting up optware with a 16Gb USB flash drive on my Asus RT-N16 running R18024 following Frater's Optware The Right Way I had the same problem.

The two ext3 partitions for optware and data were mounted on /opt. Optware works, but I couldn't access the data partition. After a little trial and error, Redhawk's solution corrected the problem.

A couple of points:
    I had to leave the USB automount running;
    For some reason the data partition was in /dev/discs/disc0/part1 and the optware partition in part 3;
    The swap partition was in part2, but once optware was correctly mounted, the swapfile took care of itself.

So my startup command reads:
Code:
sleep 15
umount /opt
umount /opt
mount /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /mnt
mount /dev/discs/disc0/part3 /opt

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: