Virtual WLAN won't connect to internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fhbc2003
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:00    Post subject: Virtual WLAN won't connect to internet Reply with quote
Hi,
I have a Netgear WNR834B running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) mini [edit: SVN revision 12548M NEWD Eko]; it's set up as a repeater-bridge. It connects wirelessly to my house router (Netgear WPN824; of necessity running original firmware). This all works perfectly, and I thank those who did the work and tutorials that got me up and running.

I need a guest network to give visitors access to the internet. I created a virtual interface per the tutorial on multiple LANs and everything works until(!) I try to separate the WLANs.

The problem is that when I separate the WLANs, the new network loses internet connectivity. (When I connect my laptop to network 2, it has a proper address [192.168.2.x] and can interact with the DD-WRT router; the only issue is that it cannot connect to the internet.)

I suspect the issue may be my firewall scripts. I've tried everything I found in the guide, the forums, and Pennock's page, all to no avail. The simplest script I've used is

iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

(with and without the line for the bug in builds over 1700, just to be safe...).

At this point I'm at a loss. Either I've missed some setting, or I can't figure out the firewall/startup scripts. So I'm asking for help; I'll gladly provide any other info that is needed.

Last edited by fhbc2003 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 16:17; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
fhbc2003
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 16:12    Post subject: additional info Reply with quote
To be safe, I performed a 30-30-30-30 reset and reconfigured the router. Same results: all is fine until I try to separate the virtual WLAN. Then a wireless laptop connected to the guest network no longer has access to the internet. Here are screenshots of my setup.

Any help would be appreciated: right now, I don't even know whether to fiddle with other settings or with firewall/startup commands.

Thanks

BasicSetup.jpg
 Description:
Basic setup page
 Filesize:  119.22 KB
 Viewed:  3802 Time(s)

BasicSetup.jpg

wireless-basic.jpg
 Description:
Wireless - basic setup page
 Filesize:  103.09 KB

wireless-basic.jpg

Setup-networking.jpg
 Description:
networking setup
 Filesize:  119.24 KB

Setup-networking.jpg

fhbc2003
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 16:16    Post subject: further screenshots Reply with quote
Here are the rest of what I think are relevant settings.

startup-firewall.jpg
 Description:
Startup and firewall settings from http://www.pennock.nl/dd-wrt/Multiple_BSSIDs.html (except I'm not blocking router access from br1 yet)
 Filesize:  124.54 KB
 Viewed:  3800 Time(s)

startup-firewall.jpg

sys_info.jpg
 Description:
System information
 Filesize:  137.68 KB
 Viewed:  3800 Time(s)

sys_info.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: