Setting up WRT54GS as client bridge / Gateway?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
seany123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:58    Post subject: Setting up WRT54GS as client bridge / Gateway? Reply with quote
Hey, firstly i wish just to say sorry if this is in the incorrect section for me its advanced networking but for others here this could just be basic networking.

I setup my WRT54GS router so that it connects to my main router (router connected to phone line) via a ethernet cable, then i had my WRT54GS router work as a normal router allowing other devices to connect. the reason i did this was that i has a large house with thick walls and i found that my wireless connection was very weak travelling from the main router... everything worked until recently when my router stopped allowing internet access. so i have done a reset of my router and im going to run through the setup again, however i cannot remember what type of setup i used? i thought it was a client OR client-bridge but in the tutorial it says that they are for WIRELESS connections only and dont work when connecting routers via Ethernet cables.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks
Sponsor
seany123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone be of assistance please?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82079

Use wireless access point tutorial in the wiki.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
seany123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does the WIRELESS access point work for Wired also?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: