Wrt-160n slowing internet speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fredmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:23    Post subject: Wrt-160n slowing internet speeds Reply with quote
I'm looking for some advice as to what I can adjust in the settings of dd-wrt to improve internet speeds via my router.

When I connect wirelessly at 1 meter distance directly to the modem router (Netgear CG3100) I can get around 10mb/s +.

When I connect via the WRT-160n router in to the modem in bridge mode my max is always 3mb/s.

I have now tried with another and the same result , triple the speed when not connected via the router running dd-wrt either wired or wireless. So it seems the router is slowing down the internet, is there any obvious settings I should look at besides disabling firewall, nat & upnp.
Before I have to look at buying a new router?
Sponsor
fredmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply,

Yes I'm currently using WPA2-AES, however the problem occurs when connected via Ethernet to to the router too.

I'm quite stumped why a router with top notch firmware would be degrading the throughput this much.
pionkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 21:37    Post subject: Slow download speed on wrt160n v3 Reply with quote
Yeah i got the same problem.
My bandwidth is 2Mbps/250kbps. If I connect my computer directly to my modem, I get the speed that I'm paying for. With dd-wrt on wrt160nv3 router, download speed (wireless and WIRED) droping down to 0.65Mbps. Setting the router radio off (disabling wireless) fixing the download speed for wired connection.
I did try using 2 different bulids on the router,
(dd-wrt.v24-13575_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3 and dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini) but none of them really seemed to fix the issue.

Any solution?
pionkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:29    Post subject: Problem solved. Reply with quote
Changing channel width do that thing. ;]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: