OTRW2 (incl. Mypage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
L36
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone tell me in which directory asiablock script is located at?
Thanks.
Sponsor
victoire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, well, thank you provide information, which helped me a lot, thank you very much Laughing

--------------------------------------------

Last edited by victoire on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:48; edited 1 time in total
sdddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I followed the steps for partitioning my USB drive. I loaded it up and /opt and swap got mounted correctly. But the Shared and Data partitions did not get mounted to a nice directory name. Where and how should I mount those?

Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                    9.5M      9.5M         0 100% /
/dev/root                 9.5M      9.5M         0 100% /
/dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
                        478.5M    315.8M    157.8M  67% /opt
/dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target0/lun0/part3
                        129.1M      1.5M    126.3M   1% /tmp/mnt/disc3-part3
/dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target0/lun0/part4
                          3.0G      4.6M      3.0G   0% /tmp/mnt/disc3-part4

Also what is Shared for? I get the Data partition.
DD-Fox121
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to follow up about the pixelserv issue and respond saying that it has been resolved.

1) Using the new pixelserv script listed on Page 60 (thanks slobodan)

2) I was using default settings in dnsmasq. In my attempts to replace the builtin version of dnsmasq with optware version, I used a copy of tpak config settings and then expanded upon it
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=735121&sid=6a157c38ae6b3ea75aff521573590294

The final setup I am using with the builtin version of dnsmasq is as follows:

all-servers
domain-needed
bogus-priv
log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq
filterwin2k
cache-size=4096
strict-order
neg-ttl=3600
local-ttl=300
log-async=50
addn-hosts=/opt/etc/pixelserv/blacks

With this combination, I have been running pixelserv successfully for over a week and not killing my E3000.

Thanks for the assistance.
longyny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I want to upgrade my Asus WL-500GPv2 from svn20119 to svn24461, and I don't know which one to choose.

What should I flash? Broadcom K3X, Broadcom K26 or Broadcom (I suppose this one is K24)

Thanks in advance
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 21:39    Post subject: Re: This is definitively a permissions issue... Reply with quote
JW0914 wrote:
slobodan wrote:
It's not just the firmware, the regular Optware works only on Broadcom Mipsel processors. Maybe if somebody else compiled it for the processor of your router, it would work.

The issue here is permissions and nothing else (specifically permissions for symbolic link directories)... unfortunately, I'm not sure how to edit permissions for the command "service".

Giving myself rwx permissions, I am able to access the /tmp/services directory, as well as the /opt/usr/sbin/service directory, however, the command "service" is unable to write to /tmp/services as it doesn't have write permissions to that folder, returning the error:

/opt/usr/sbin/service: line 31: can't create /tmp/services: Is a directory

If I delete the /tmp/services folder, I can give the "service" command and turn on services... until I reboot the router, at which point "service" is again unable to write the existing folder /tmp/services.

If someone could provide insight into how to assign the "service" command the proper permissions to access and edit directories, I would be appreciative.

However, I would appreciate any user wishing to tell me this is due to processors and other inaccurate information due to their own ignorance to please not share time wasting answers that do not apply to the issue at hand.

I would also like to find a way around this error as well.

It's very frustrating having to cd to /opt.etc.init.d/ and then issuing a chmod +x on all the services to turn them on, then only to have to manually enter the "path with the service included" start.

Or just cd to /tmp and remove services.

I guess a startup entry could work:

Code:
cd /tmp && rm -rf services

However, this might break something.

Running on an Asus RT-N66U with KongAC 24200M

Also, Xinetd fails, as well as logtail for stophammer.

Why couldn't Fractal or Kong just Fix the USB issue on K26 so we could be running OTRW2 on these newer routers?! (AC-ARM excluded).

K3.x, while very feature-Full and Efficient, needs more attention to the Optware and External storage users. I mean, what's the point of having a badass USB router (which all new routers are) and not being able to use the potential of them?

I think I'm gonna start looking into a Mikrotik and a Synology NAS to overcome this crap.

This entire project is becoming a thing of the past due to stubbornness... *cough Brainslayer *cough[/code]

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
tutenchamun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perl lacks Devices/SerialPort.pm

Its on CPAN, but perl on OTRW2 seems to be broken on behalf of CPAN.
After several installs of almost all perlbase-modules, I cannot bring CPAN installations to life on my e4200 with a K3x build.

Any way of adding SerialPort PM as a perlbase-module (inkluding all needed/dependent subsequent modules) ?

Or maybe tips to bring CPAN to life ?

all the best
lophyte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 13:14    Post subject: Re: This is definitively a permissions issue... Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:

It's very frustrating having to cd to /opt.etc.init.d/ and then issuing a chmod +x on all the services to turn them on, then only to have to manually enter the "path with the service included" start.

Or just cd to /tmp and remove services.

I guess a startup entry could work:

Code:
cd /tmp && rm -rf services

However, this might break something.

I fixed this by simply going:

Code:

nano `which service`

then finding the line:

Code:

rm /tmp/services 2>/dev/null

and replacing it with:

Code:

rm -r /tmp/services 2>/dev/null

Then Ctrl+X to exit, Y to save it.
ShakyUser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bas, in light of recent events I thought it would be a good idea to get myself onto the latest patched versions of dd-wrt with Optware, but trying to update with your script just now it does not seem as if your server is online currently.

Could you please comment on whether that is a temporary or permanent state of affairs?

Many thanks!
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShakyUser wrote:
Bas, in light of recent events I thought it would be a good idea to get myself onto the latest patched versions of dd-wrt with Optware, but trying to update with your script just now it does not seem as if your server is online currently.

Could you please comment on whether that is a temporary or permanent state of affairs?

Many thanks!

I will no longer be hosting the files. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=267760&sid=b7b12bf7d4c7c017d1e0bc90aa761803
A copy of the otrw2 directory is on googlecode.
No changes are made so the files are still pointing to my domain.

https://code.google.com/p/dd-ware/source/browse/#svn%2Fotrw2
ShakyUser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
basmaf wrote:

I will no longer be hosting the files. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=267760&sid=b7b12bf7d4c7c017d1e0bc90aa761803
A copy of the otrw2 directory is on googlecode.
No changes are made so the files are still pointing to my domain.

https://code.google.com/p/dd-ware/source/browse/#svn%2Fotrw2

This isn't a prank is it, Bas? Very Happy

But seriously, I am very, very sorry to hear that, and at the same time astounded that nobody showed any interest whatsoever in taking custody of the code base.

Personally I must confess I have partly been very busy this summer but have also struggled with some health issues, so I did not see your announcement.

That said I am grateful you have deposited the code base in a structured and responsible manner, but a quick scan around the board seems to uncover few people with the scripting skills to pick up the baton -- what a shame!

Anyway thanks for all your hard work on this. You're a star; gone maybe, but certainly not forgotten.
silver_evo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:23    Post subject: OTRW2 Hosting Reply with quote
cd /tmp
wget http://p-dev.net/otrw2/otrw2/prep_optware
cd /opt
sh /tmp/prep_optware

OTRW2 is hosted at http://p-dev.net/otrw2/otrw2

Install scripts have been updated to reflect the new domain.
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Updated URLs in the scrips on googlecode.
Please check who wants to work on them and I can add you as contributor to gain svn write access.

Code:
# Install script
wget -O /tmp/prep_optware http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/otrw2/prep_optware
sh /tmp/prep_optware
bal3wolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might be wrong place to ask but on my asus nt66-u i installed a mini sdcard to it and was going thru the formating stuff and router has no mkswap any ideas how i can get the router to do that for me i dont have anyway to connect the sdcard to the pc.
jk1972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry being a little bit stuborn...

Trying to install OTRW2 on my e3000 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) big - build 25697

I was stopped halfway, but after editing the prep script and correcting the ipkg-opt conf file it seems to be running again.
Then had to edit S10xinetd, because it had a blokking killall, halting my setup,
and now looks like lighttpd conguring is stopped...

Some suggestions??? Or should I not even try it, but use K3.x.......

Noticed packages got installed from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/ which seems to be quite old.

But when manually calling ipkg next url appears:
http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/brcm47xx/generic/packages/

These last packages seems to be a lot newer, so why is OTRW2 not using these packages...

Thanx!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 61 of 64
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: