Buffalo WZR2-G300N - DD-WRT Compatible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
DrNo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 20:57    Post subject: Buffalo WZR2-G300N - DD-WRT Compatible? Reply with quote
Has anyone tried out the new Baffalo WZR2-G300N router with DD-WRT?
Sponsor
DrNo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump, just in case someone who is able to help didn't see this.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see that it is supported inside code. I need more data to add it (if possible)
(board picture, nvram dump, cfe.bin, serial log..... jtag?)
DrNo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I'm going to stay away from it if it isn't supported in the code, don't want to buy it if there is a chance it won't flash to DD-WRT.
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's a "Baffalo" ??
Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
DrNo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
anectine17 wrote:
What's a "Baffalo" ??
Fine, you say Tomato... I say Baffalo.
DrNo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went ahead and bought one of these (Buffalo WZR2-G300N) routers to see how well they worked. I like their look, small and sleek in a boxy sort of way, and it gets pretty good range.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had tried to flash this router or not? If not, anyone have any ideas on how I could?

I tried to do the normal tftp method of flashing the code at boot time, but I couldn't get TFTP to connect.

If there is any information someone on another method or what information I could post to help make this router compatible, please let me know.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
For start you can open it and look inside, post some pictures....
Jim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 23:54    Post subject: I'm interested in the Buffalo WZR2-G300N as well!! Reply with quote
Hi,

I need to update my wireless network and I am looking at the WZR2-G300N as the replacement for my old router. Are there any plans to add support for this router or has anyone successfully loaded dd-wrt?

Thank you!

Jim
abhi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought WZR2-G300N as a replacement to my old Netgear router. Since day one I have problem getting the IP from Comcast Cable modem. Even I have replaced the modem and router with their new set (I mean same exact model).... Still same issue.

I took the netmon trace with wireshark (between SB5100 and WZR2-G300N). Wireless Router is sending DHCP discover broadcast but not getting anything back. Here is strange thing, If I plugged my old router (netgear WGT-624V2) into comcast modem, its getting IP like a charm. Nothing wrong with comcast. I even called comcast to get trace from their end, why their DHCP server is unable to give IP to buffalo router. Comcast is telling me its not their fault. They are not supporting router. Buffalo is not responding to my calls.

Even strange, if I test this router with other DHCP server, its getting internal IP right away.

Any idea, folks? let me know if you are seeing the same issue with this router.

I'm also looking for dd-wrt firmware for this. May be it will be fixed with dd-wrt firmware.

Thanks
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe you need MAC-speefing? I don't know does your new router have that option in its own firmware, but many ISP bind your connection to specific MAC-address..

So you'd need to a) bridge your modem, not just disable DHCP-server, and then you could try to insert old modems WAN MAC-address to new router MAC spoof field. itf it has one...
abhi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it does support MAC spoofing and I already tried putting my old router (netgear) MAC into it. Still it doesn't take IP from Comcast Modem.

What do you mean by? Bridge the modem? and insert old modem WAN mac address into router? Do you mean old router MAC address into new router?

>>>So you'd need to a) bridge your modem, not just disable DHCP-server, and then you could try to insert old modems WAN MAC-address to new router MAC spoof field. itf it has one...>>>

Motorola modems SB5100/5101 doesn't let you change anything. It's just a modem. Only page it has the info page where it shows status and log etc.
DrNo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have Comcast and my WZR2-G300N works fine with the SB4800 modem. I would still like to be able to use DD-WRT on it though. I'm tempted to open up the WZR2-G300N and take pictures if that will help the cause, I'm just not sure how it would.
abhi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's wierd..you don't have any issue getting IP from DHCP.

I replace two router one from buy.com & circuitcity to see if it has hardware issue, still same issue. I also replace new modem SB5101 same issue.

If I set the IP address static on Router, it works fine. Only issue it has getting IP from DHCP. Another wierd thing is, during the restart of router sometime it gets the IP thn drop the WAN IP from its config.

Qns. for you, are you running default config of router or you have configured everything e.g. wireless, security etc. etc.

Thanks
abhi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also where did you buy this router from?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: