Buffalo WZR2-G300N - DD-WRT Compatible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
corvax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I just bought two Buffalo WZR-300 (EU) routers and succesfully flashed them using Ver 24 RC4 generic version.

I had to change IP address and run a batch file in order to flash it.

I haven't had a chance to set them up and run them yet though. So I don't know anything about stability etc....
regards
Corvax
Sponsor
bunger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="corvax"]Hi,

I just bought two Buffalo WZR-300 (EU) routers and succesfully flashed them using Ver 24 RC4 generic version.

I had to change IP address and run a batch file in order to flash it.

I haven't had a chance to set them up and run them yet though. So I don't know anything about stability etc....
regards
Corvax[/quote]

That's good, but this is the [b]WZR2[/b] model that we're after here.
GabbaGandalf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
got a WZR2-G300N, too.

sweet piece of hardware ;)

only need dd-wrt v24 for it to make it perfect.
bunger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good luck with that. I can't even get a response on whether or not this is -planned- to be supported, or what we can do to help. Might as well return the darn thing, since I bought it just for DD-WRT.
reub
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 18:06    Post subject: Response from Sebastian Reply with quote
bunger wrote:
Good luck with that. I can't even get a response on whether or not this is -planned- to be supported, or what we can do to help. Might as well return the darn thing, since I bought it just for DD-WRT.

I was wondering about this as well. I figured the dd-wrt author might not be aware of this thread, so I emailed him. I'll paraphrase his response (since I'm not sure he'd appreciate me pasting it here without prior permission):

He said: He's not sure yet about this product since it's based on a different chipset (Marvel) and that he might work on it after finishing up v24.
bunger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's good enough for me then. I'll wait it out.
Rick77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to hear the news.
Had this router for a couple of months running 24-7 never dropped a connection.
GabbaGandalf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
my pppoe connection with this router does not work....

my provider is t-online. username and password are correct. dns is set up manually but i still can't surf....

can some please post a guide for basic setup... the manuell says there a connection detection and a autp setup... but it does not work for me...

the default firmware sucks...
bunger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
The default firmware /is/ barely adequate, that's for sure. I'm REALLY hoping for DD-WRT, so if I can do anything to help, let me know!
armyb77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is it confirmed that this router can be flashed with DD-WRT? If so can someone give me the script for the BAT file that was used to flash it with v24? Also what were the steps that were used in order to complete this. I looked on the wiki and I could find the directions at all.

Thanks
bunger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="armyb77"]So is it confirmed that this router can be flashed with DD-WRT? If so can someone give me the script for the BAT file that was used to flash it with v24? Also what were the steps that were used in order to complete this. I looked on the wiki and I could find the directions at all.

Thanks[/quote]

From what I understand, we have an indication that the developer might work on it after v24 is finished. As far as /I/ am aware, it will not work with any extant version of DD-WRT (unless you have v1!)
catalyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
can someone post hardware details of the WZR2-G300N ?

no support via PN
my equipment
  • WRT54G
  • Cisco Catalyst WS-2950C-24
  • Cisco 1841 ISR@384MB RAM/128MB Flash
  • HP Procurve 2524 & 2512
sublime
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought this router today at Circuit City. Add me to the list of users waiting anxiously for DD-WRT!
darkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
i don't know about he wzr2-g300n, but the wzr-g300n have many problems with the dd-wrt firmware, see the topics:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26360

i have actualy one wzr2-g300n, but i don't want to update it with dd-wrt firmware, because i have many problems with the wzr-g300n.............
KhMeRA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 17:12    Post subject: I made a mistake Reply with quote
I misreading on support hardware, support WZR-G300N but WZR2-G300N. I ordered WZR2-G300N. It seem like useless to me since it don't even have WDS option. Now the only thing I could do is patiently wait for dd-wrt firmware. So please stay away from this router for now.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: