Need help with jffs read only problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Cable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 16:52    Post subject: Need help with jffs read only problem Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I'm new here and also new to the world of dd-wrt, so please be patient with me. I could REALLY use some help here...I'm sort of lost.

Here at my work, I have two wireless routers. One that is all set up with DD-WRT and functioning perfectly and I have another that I'm trying to set up, but running into problems with.

The problem is a Linksys E2100L router that has DD-WRT V24-sp2 (09/24/10) std - build 15262 installed on it.

I've followed the tutorial to get JFFS set up and formated. Everything seems okay there. I see that that I have 5,760.00 KB in the JFFS2 Support section in Management under Administration.

My problem is when I use WinSCP to try and transfer some files to JFFS, it won't let me. I get an error window. I then used Putty to SSH into the router and create a directory in JFFS. It told me that the file system was read-only.

Bottom line is I need to be able to put files in there so I can use nocatsplash.

Now the router that is working with now problems...I inherited that from our previous IT guy and that is a Linksys WRT160NL that is using Build 14896. I'm able to ftp to JFFS and drop files in there. No problems....works exactly how it should.

I need to get the E2100L to do exactly what the WRT160NL is doing.

How do I get the file system to not be read-only? Can someone give me a detailed step-by-step? I've putzed my way this far, but I'm really new at this stuff.

I appreciate any and all help whatsoever!!! = )
Sponsor
Cable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
No one here has any help to offer? Crying or Very sad
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is not possible to have 5.76MB free for jffs2 when the flash size is 8MB and the firmware itself takes 7.5MB, that must be some kind of underflow error.

Use a smaller build like ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/10-02-10-r15334/linksys_E2100L/

or spend a few bucks on last years size (2GB) of USB flash stick, and mount it at /jffs.

Navigation

Jump to: