TP-Link TL-WA730RE v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 14:40    Post subject: TP-Link TL-WA730RE v1 Reply with quote
Test file of r19342 while waiting for Brainslayers official support.

Use WA801NDv1 files for updates until the router gets its own build.

Use WA730RE v1 revert files from the sticky Revert Files thread if you want to revert to stock firmware.

Last edited by LOM on Fri Jan 11, 2013 18:51; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
ranjo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually use or would you prefer WA801NDv1 WA701NDv1 files for updates, thank you for reply.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
ranjo wrote:
Actually use or would you prefer WA801NDv1 WA701NDv1 files for updates, thank you for reply.

It doesn't really matter that much because it is only the radio chip that differs between them and dd-wrt support both and will automatically detect if it is a single stream or dual stream radio.

There is currently no official dd-wrt WA701ND build so that is why you have to use a WA801ND build for update.
The WA730RE may be supported at the same time as WA701ND in which case you of course use the WA730RE build for update.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
the firmware is working great 4 days non-stop now and counting Smile, no freezes, only bug is that there is no 150mbps n connection it goes only up till 72mbps, thank you for the upload, the original firmware is instable and crappy, i talked to the TP-link support about it, but they ignored my 10th e-mail
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
wiki: atheros wifi settings
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
The firmware is based on WR841ND which has a dual stream radio (2T2R) and 2 antennas while the 7xx series has a single stream and 1 antenna.
Check if antenna chain setting is correct, it should be 1 for both rx and tx chains, not 1+2 or 1+3.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
wiki: atheros wifi settings

that and the chains did the trick Smile thanks for the help!!
ludoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I stumbled upon this thread by accident while trying to find a firmware for my WA730RE, which did not want to work properly. I installed dd-wrt and it's flying, thanks *a lot*!
The-Crackin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a TL-WA730RE. I tried to update the firmware using factory-to-ddwrt.bin & tl-wa801nd-webflash.bin as mentioned above in this forum. It said that the file was too large and wouldn't complete the update. I got the files from Brainslayer. Can anyone help me with this issue? Also, if someone has a link to provide to a file that will work I would appreciate it.

Thanks
R0peE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
The-Crackin wrote:
I have a TL-WA730RE. I tried to update the firmware using factory-to-ddwrt.bin & tl-wa801nd-webflash.bin as mentioned above in this forum. It said that the file was too large and wouldn't complete the update. I got the files from Brainslayer. Can anyone help me with this issue? Also, if someone has a link to provide to a file that will work I would appreciate it.

Thanks

You just need to flash the one that is uploaded into this post, nothing more, and your AP will fly high
The-Crackin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Yet, I don't see any links in this forum to the file I need for my tp-link wa730re v1. I'm new to forums so maybe I'm missing something. Can someone provide the link? I tried brainslayer and my ap won't accept it. It says the file is too big.

Thanks.
The-Crackin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see the file now. It wasn't showing up earlier. I will try to update it tomorrow.

Thanks.
fernandovictor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
It works perfect! Thanks for your job.
ewac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 16:59    Post subject: Re: TP-Link TL-WA730RE Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Test file of r19342 while waiting for Brainslayers official support.

Use WA801NDv1 files for updates until the router gets its own build.

Use WA730RE v1 revert files from the sticky Revert Files thread if you want to revert to stock firmware.

downloaded sw on 730 AP and works ok expect one problem....anyone know how i can use it as openVPN as i am wanting to use it to simulate a UK ip address.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no OpenVPN in Atheros based routers with 4MB flash, there is no space for it.

Get yourself a decent router with min 8MB flash, OpenVPN is a big package and it needs good cpu speed for doing software crypto.
The 730 RE is just a very cheap and simple acesspoint and is not suitable for OpenVPN.

Navigation

Jump to: