TP-Link TL-WA830RE v1 support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
VertigoS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to try this on my WA830RE v2. It's the v2 and I just like a confirmation that it also works with this device or if theres a different firmwire I need for this one.
Sponsor
cookm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 16:27    Post subject: TL-WA830RE v2 Reply with quote
VertigoS:

Please can you confirm that the DD-WRT firmware worked OK for you on your v2 TL-WA830RE..?

Thanks,
Martin
botterbloem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:01    Post subject: works on v1 hardware Reply with quote
after buying this repeater 1 year ago, I had to reset it at least every 1 or 2 days in order to use it as repeater... It continously needed attention. It was really annoying.
Then I read in this forum about installing DD-WRT on it. First I downloaded the files from the TP Link WA-801, which were not accepted (of course) by the WA-830RE v1, it resulted in error 18005.
You have download the file 830-factory-to-ddwrt.bin in the first topic (yes, first you need to register) in order to get it working.
Now the WA-830RE v1 works like a charm as repeater!
Calumet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello can someone give me the method to unbrick the wa830re v1 ?
I can ping, telnet but can't acces to web interface 192.168.1.1.
Tftp also don't work.
I tried the 30/30/30 method and tutorials but i fail.
Thanks.
gest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 15:38    Post subject: Re: works on v1 hardware Reply with quote
botterbloem wrote:
after buying this repeater 1 year ago, I had to reset it at least every 1 or 2 days in order to use it as repeater... It continously needed attention. It was really annoying.
Then I read in this forum about installing DD-WRT on it. First I downloaded the files from the TP Link WA-801, which were not accepted (of course) by the WA-830RE v1, it resulted in error 18005.
You have download the file 830-factory-to-ddwrt.bin in the first topic (yes, first you need to register) in order to get it working.
Now the WA-830RE v1 works like a charm as repeater!

I didn't understand what do you mean... Confused
You mean that you installed first 830-factory-to-ddwrt.bin and then you upgrade the firmware to the original TL-WA801ND_V2_130121 and it worked? Why do you refer wa-801?
botterbloem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was referring to the WA-801, because when I read the first post in the topic, I thought I had to use the files for the WA-801. When I used those files it resulted in the error 18005 I and other people mentioned. So the only file I used after all was the 830-factory-to-ddwrt.bin, which resulted in a nearly perfectly working router. After that I didn't use any file.
Ragnarok1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has turned the unusable WA830RE into something actually useful! Thanks again for the guide!
Vierxa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want testing this firmware on my WA830RE v1 which doesn't give me any satisfaction.

I have some question about this flash.
- Which IP address is assigned after the flash and port (80?) ?
- Which are the new login and password ?
- How is the new interface ?

Maybe there is a guide but i can't find it.

Regards,

Ps: an other question : how flash? via the web interface ? or by other way ?
ropbasuel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have successfully installed this firmware on my WA830re. Yet, I was not able to get it working as a repeater. Therefore I have some questions about the configuration.

I've seen that the "Repeater" option in the "Wireless Mode" isn't available. So I think that the solution to get this router repeating is to have a "Client Bridge" mode and then create a virtual Interface "AP". Is this correct?

If so, I have managed to get the Client Bridge working, as I can connect a LAN cable and have internet access. But the problem is when I create the Virtual interface.

I can create it and get the 192.168.2.1 gateway working and getting me an IP that I have configured, but I do not have internet access.. I don't know what am I doing wrong. Can someone give me a hint please?

Thanks
quester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 21:42    Post subject: Firmware for WA-850RE Reply with quote
Hello, can / how can i flash this DD-WRT-Firmware on a WA-850RE? I get only ERROR 18005.

Hope for help...
quester
pallu_stfu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump!

TL-WA850RE owner here, really waiting for a build! Any progress on this?

Thanks!
JammedDeath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
can we flash the latest build on wa830re v1 without issues?
vibez_well
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 15:02    Post subject: dd-wrt upgrade question Reply with quote
Hi !

Just going to try this out on my TP-Link WA830RE v1.

I've downloaded the bin file. Should I just go to the web interface of my repeater and then firmware upgrade section, select the bin file and upgrade ?

anything else that I'm missing ?

Thanks.
Vierxa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 15:47    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt upgrade question Reply with quote
vibez_well wrote:
Hi !

I've downloaded the bin file. Should I just go to the web interface of my repeater and then firmware upgrade section, select the bin file and upgrade ?

Thanks.

No you're right.
These steps are sufficient.

Vierxa
vibez_well
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 18:44    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt upgrade question Reply with quote
Vierxa wrote:
vibez_well wrote:
Hi !

Thanks.

No you're right.
These steps are sufficient.

Vierxa

Very Happy Thanks Vierxa ! that worked !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: