Slowest Router with SD or USB Support?

Chozo4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46    Post subject: Slowest Router with SD or USB Support? Reply with quote
This may seem to be a really odd query really as it completely contrasts with the usual requests for a 'fastest' and/or 'best' router request...

What would be considered the slowest possible MIPSEL-based router that supports additional storage capabilities for the sake of lighttpd/php? Wireless use is of no concern and only LAN is needed.

Purpose:
I'm a hobbyist who focuses quite heavily on speed and optimization in my PHP based projects and am currently using a WRT54G-TM underclocked @ 183mhz with a 2gb mmc as my webserver. While I could just overclock it like I normally did to 250mhz it would just overshadow some of my own faults in my code. Thus, the slowest possible router/platform would be ideal for not only exposing any glaring inefficiencies in my work but also to help me further optimize what I'm working on for speed and memory use. I'm always learning better coding practices with my own touch so this would be a great help. Getting a legacy 33mhz x86 PC and its' ilk would be out of the question mainly due to the size/power use and have gotten quite comfortable with using dd-wrt based routers for my needs.

I thank you all in advance for any input regarding this and hope you didn't laugh too hard at such a request. Smile
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
the wrt54g V1 has a 125mhz processor as well as the v1.1

I believe you can add an sd card to both.

check the wiki, I am sure there are other "slow" routers.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Navigation

Jump to: