MIKROTIK RB800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
mnour.tamer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 20:54    Post subject: MIKROTIK RB800 Reply with quote
Hello guys!

Is there any way to put DD-WRT TO MIKROTIK RB800 Routerboard. I saw it on the list of supported devices but there is no Notes for Running DD-WRT.

Thank you!
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
searched the forum?
no!

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I searched it , and I saw your sticky topic , but there is no details how to make this steps .

how can I flash the compact card ?
then after flashing , should I boot from the compact flash ?
what do you mean by x86 instructions ? I tried those instructions to make a x86 computer dd-wrt based systems and it didn.t work
mnour.tamer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought a compact flash . tried to use hyper terminal and winbox to make this works .

I installed the compact flash in microtik broad then formatted the CF , used winbox to copy rb800.img under CF1 in files section , tried to boot from compact flash no it failed , I read that I have to make this Cf has 2 partition , how and if we assumed that after make it contains two partitions one of those partition will have the image but what about the second one
mnour.tamer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
it worked guys , and let me show you the whole process that I did

1- You have to download the latest image from here : http://dd-wrt.com/dd -wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/mikrotik-rb800/rb800.img

2- then insert a compact flash card that has 128 MB or more, into your compact flash reader of your PC. ( nowadays it is impossible to find this kind of Compact Flash i mean 128 MB )

3- Now you have to write the IMG file of dd-wrt into the compact flash using a software called physdiskwrite. You can find it here:http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/physdiskwrite-0.5.2.zip

4- now you have all what you need , so we are moving to the next step which is to use the x86 instruction
Note : this instruction under windows.

5- now we are going to use normal PC ( windows 7 is preferred)
Put both physdiskwrite and dd-wrt image file in drive c: or whatever your main drive is.

6- Click Start and then Run, type "cmd" in the open box and click open to bring up a command prompt.

7- At command prompt navigate to where physdiskwrite is located. "cd.." will go to next higher directory.

8- type "physdiskwrite -u dd-wrt.image" dd-wrt.image is the actual name of the image file so replace it with rb800.img. The -u tag is used for large drives.

9- Next you will select drive to apply the image to. This will overwrite all contents on drive!! usually your main drive is drive "0" and if you do not have another drive other than the Compact Flash then it should be drive "1".

10- then insert your Compact Flash inside your Mikrotik and prepare yourself to the next step .

11- yon need now a serial cable to be used in changing the default boot option of Mikrotik ( Deafault is NAND )

12- open Hyper Terminal , you might not find it in windows 7 or vista , it is already in XP under Accessories-Communication .

13- The preferred configuration is 115200 bit/s, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity , flow control : None

14- plug your router and it will show you this message
Press any key within 2 seconds to enter setup

15-then it will show you some options
RouterBOOT-2.39
What do you want to configure?
d - boot delay
k - boot key
s - serial console
o - boot device
f - cpu frequency
r - reset configuration
e - format nand
g - upgrade firmware
i - board info
p - boot protocol
t - do memory testing
x - exit setup
your choice:

press o and then c to choose booting from Copmact Flash then x to exit the setup mode and then Mikrotik will boor from compact flash .

16- when eht1 is up , it has the default Ip address 192.168.1.1 , now you can use your browser to configure DD-WRT

17-Done .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: