No wifi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bigred
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 19:47    Post subject: No wifi Reply with quote
For some reason I can't connected via wifi to my WRT54GL router after a recent power outage.
The GUI reports that the radio is on, the AP is active and the SSID is being broadcast.

With a wifi analyser I can see all the other APs in the area, but not mine.

One interesting thing I noticed is that I have a 100% transmission error rate, with 0 received packets.

Received (RX)100% 0 OK, no error
Transmitted (TX) 0% 0 OK, 4923 errors
Sponsor
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
was it a power outage or a power surge? from the symptoms, i doesn;t sound like a software error.

open up the unit and check for damage-popped caps or smoked chips. smell anything the seems burnt?
bigred
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
No electrical burn smell, or blown caps that I can see.
It was an outage as far as I can tell. The other electronics are fine and the router was on a surge protector.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe someone knows something about the transmission power settings that could help.

if not 30-30-30 reset or reload firmware might be your next option. maybe nvram got screwed up?
eric512
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a similar problem when I was messing with my wireless settings. After a few reboots and power cycles my wireless was completely dead. I use inSSIDer by Metageek to scan for wireless and both of my SSIDs were down and 100% error rate on the status page.

Only way I recovered the wireless was with a 30-30-30. All is fine now. I think the power cycle screwed up the filesystem or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: