TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 / TL-WR2543ND Donations Fundraiser !!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cobra1582 wrote:
what do they mean "donated board needed for port"

It means that you don't read before you post.
Sponsor
faroukh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL, great answer checho

BrainSlayer is the best, I have been using DD-WRT on my WRT54GS for almost a decade now and I can say there is nothing out there that comes even close! That's why it was a no brainer to donate for the sample router.

I just hope that the hardware NAT will be supported. When I deactivate the HW NAT the throughput really drops. HW NAT was my main reason to buy this thing...

cheers
faroukh
peschka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
only serial will help. unfortunatly. i will retest this posted image here since i found the same issue (but i dont know the reason)

So no other way to fix it without serial ? Dont wanna open it. Some kind of TFTP or flash trough USB port .. should have another chance ..
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
unfortunatly not. uboot recovery is the only way. any you must type "tpl" very fast at uboot startup to enter the console. otherwise any access is blocked

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Cobra1582 wrote:

what have I missed, as far as I understood a device was sent to him so would he not have the boards?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cobra1582 wrote:
checho wrote:
Cobra1582 wrote:

what have I missed, as far as I understood a device was sent to him so would he not have the boards?

One "board" yes, he has the WDR4300, thus the test build for the WDR4300 within this thread... When the official support build comes out with reports of non-bricks (being that the first test build caused bricks and was removed), the status of the wiki may change, until then.. doubtful, which is what is meant by:

checho wrote:

Had you read the thread, you hopefully wouldn't have had to have this info pointed out to you.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
blaatbeest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did a factory reset, flashed the firmware and all seems well. At least I am able to get into the router webinterface. I will be testing it later.

happy flashing. thanks to all who donated and thank you brainslayer for the firmware.

cheers.
cookie_lu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a note to say model 'WDR4300' is not identical to 'WDR4310', as indicated in Open-wrt forum--in case some tried and it bricked the router.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please some moderator lock this topic. It was only for the means of fundraising and sending a device to developers. Start another topic for support questions.
blaatbeest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
isnt this so far the only place the firmware is located?
maybe keep this topic open for bug reports for the time being?

i seem to have some weird issues with network cables being detected. not necessarily to do with firmware.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Please some moderator lock this topic. It was only for the means of fundraising and sending a device to developers. Start another topic for support questions.

How about you start another thread for the WDR4300 support? Also, make sure to post the working build from within this thread into the new thread, you do that - and i'll lock this thread, till then, it'll remain open. Shoot me a pm if you do decide to do this.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
cookie_lu wrote:
Just a note to say model 'WDR4300' is not identical to 'WDR4310', as indicated in Open-wrt forum--in case some tried and it bricked the router.

this message is useless unless you say whats different inbetween these both models

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
cookie_lu wrote:

this message is useless unless you say whats different inbetween these both models

4310 is for the domestic Chinese market, 4300 is for their export markets.
The only difference between them is the header router identifier number so you can easily add 4310 for dd-wrt support.

Trying to load a dd-wrt 4300 build onto a 4310 will not brick it, the tp-link firmware will just reject the update.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
and how is the header identifier? i cannot find a original fw file

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
and how is the header identifier? i cannot find a original fw file

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2661
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: