TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 / TL-WR2543ND Donations Fundraiser !!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
and how is the header identifier? i cannot find a original fw file

You'll have to go to the Chinese site as it is a domestic model :

http://www.tp-link.com.cn/PAGES/download-detail.asp?d=769

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 13:37    Post subject: SUCCESS (aka non-brick) Reply with quote
Just to report complete success with the second released file (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=23210) on my UK TL-WDR4300.

Not bricked, wireless range is greatly improved (though not sure I understand why) and the router is now generally all that the hardware promised it should be but the old firmware failed to deliver.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to contribute to the purchase, but have made a DDWRT donation.

People on this forum seem to be quite particular, so please let me know if I need to post any device specifics to help identify it further, or if I'm supposed to run any specific tests.
Vidar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any progress on this router? Waiting for good news. Laughing
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Vidar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
joecop67 wrote:
Vidar wrote:

Did you not read any of the previous posts?

Only find an attachment up and dare not to try. And didn't find offical support thread for WDR4300 in the forum. If any, please corrrect me. Thanks.
hunkeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 22:33    Post subject: Success with flashing Reply with quote
Router seems to work properly with this build release, however i was not able to use it as a repeater. i used client bridge mode to make it work and basically connection between repeater and my primary router was established. Problem was to connect to VAP. I tried all security options but it did not connect even with security disabled on both interfaces. When i used wired connection to repeater it worked fine.
cookie_lu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone knows if the buttons on the router works with this version of dd-wrt firmware, eg wifi and wps buttons?
giant25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been years since I flashed dd-wrt on my old WRT54GL, just bought a TL-WDR-4300 and am willing to test the new build on it. Is the link a few posts above the latest? I see there's still no support page yet. Looking for a few steps to follow, if possible. Thanks.
NeoPhyTe.x360
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edit: Oh shit, I finally saw it, going to test!

Thanks for the donators, testers, and brainslayer for support this device!

EDIT2: Fully working here, reset to defaults, and then I upgraded to dd-wrt beta. thanks!
NeoPhyTe.x360
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everything seems ok;

one thing I've seen;

-When you reset the device to defaults (i've reset from web), the 5Ghz wifi settings still there, so no reset for 5Ghz wireless
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 21:53    Post subject: New build working here too/// Reply with quote
Don't know whether it's just me, but the Windows 7 network infrastructure device is shown as a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, rather than TP-Link WDR4300...is this normal?

Apart from that, everything seems to be working fine at the moment..many thanks for supporting this device.

Edit...changing the wireless Tx power seems to have no effect. After changing this setting to 70 dBm, it still displays as 20 dBm in the Wireless Status information settings under <Status> -> <Wireless>. The signal strength on all connected devices remains the same regardless of value set and this problem remains even after changing the Wireless Regulatory Domains to different countries.

Last edited by alk630 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 22:56; edited 1 time in total
FrankGNL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 22:54    Post subject: flashing Reply with quote
Hi All

Previously i was using a linksys router, but now i have an tp-link 4300, can i just flash this firmware with the 30/30/30 procedure?
Or is there another procedure to flash the router?
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 22:57    Post subject: Re: flashing Reply with quote
FrankGNL wrote:
Hi All

Previously i was using a linksys router, but now i have an tp-link 4300, can i just flash this firmware with the 30/30/30 procedure?
Or is there another procedure to flash the router?

I received my TP-Link 4300 today and successfully used the 30/30/30 procedure followed by flashing.
giant25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
So after 30/30/30, just flash from the stock fw? Can you flash back to stock if need be?
hceuterpe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vidar wrote:
joecop67 wrote:
Vidar wrote:

Did you not read any of the previous posts?

Only find an attachment up and dare not to try. And didn't find offical support thread for WDR4300 in the forum. If any, please corrrect me. Thanks.

If you're unwilling to try it soon to see if there's progress, quit asking over and over.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: