TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 / TL-WR2543ND Donations Fundraiser !!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Vidar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
hceuterpe wrote:
Vidar wrote:
joecop67 wrote:
Vidar wrote:
Any progress on this router? Waiting for good news. Laughing

Did you not read any of the previous posts?

Only find an attachment up and dare not to try. And didn't find offical support thread for WDR4300 in the forum. If any, please corrrect me. Thanks.

If you're unwilling to try it soon to see if there's progress, quit asking over and over.

I have no device for TTL recovery. So I can only test after careful studying. As a newcomer, following others is reasonable.

I can't understand why you are so aggressive. If you're unwilling to help, quit gabbling.
Sponsor
giant25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38    Post subject: Working! Reply with quote
That was a little harsh. Let's help folks out around here. That being said, I just loaded dd-wrt on my TL-WDR-4300. Here's what I did, do it at your own risk:
1.I first downloaded the "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" file listed on the previous page by user "froonting."
2. I then performed a 30/30/30 reset. With unit on, hold down reset button for 30 seconds. Unplug the power to the unit while continuing to hold reset button and wait 30 more seconds. Plug unit back in and continue to hold the reset button for 30 more seconds. Then you can let go.
3. Log back into router with default IP or type tplinklogin.net into browser (you may have to perform an ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew if you were prevously on a different subnet). Username and password should both be "admin"
4. Go to System Tools and then Firmware Upgrade. Browse to the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file you downloaded and Upgrade.
5. Let it finish and reboot. Then login to 192.168.1.1, and begin setting it up.
6. I had to clone my MAC and reboot my Cable modem before I could get WAN up.

So far, so good. I did also notice that my Transmit Power does not show the "new value" on the Status page either, as someone else posted.

Good Luck!
FrankGNL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
giant25 wrote:
So after 30/30/30, just flash from the stock fw? Can you flash back to stock if need be?

Yes i did first the 30/30/30 and then just update to dd-wrt, i don't if you can flash back to the stock firmware

There is only one way to know to, just try Smile
Vidar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16    Post subject: Re: Working! Reply with quote
giant25 wrote:
That was a little harsh. Let's help folks out around here. That being said, I just loaded dd-wrt on my TL-WDR-4300. Here's what I did, do it at your own risk:
1.I first downloaded the "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" file listed on the previous page by user "froonting."
2. I then performed a 30/30/30 reset. With unit on, hold down reset button for 30 seconds. Unplug the power to the unit while continuing to hold reset button and wait 30 more seconds. Plug unit back in and continue to hold the reset button for 30 more seconds. Then you can let go.
3. Log back into router with default IP or type tplinklogin.net into browser (you may have to perform an ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew if you were prevously on a different subnet). Username and password should both be "admin"
4. Go to System Tools and then Firmware Upgrade. Browse to the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file you downloaded and Upgrade.
5. Let it finish and reboot. Then login to 192.168.1.1, and begin setting it up.

So far, so good. I did also notice that my Transmit Power does not show the "new value" on the Status page either, as someone else posted.

Good Luck!

Clear guidance. I'll try later.

One more question, does the hardware NAT work in current build?
This is the most attractive point of this router to me. Thanks a lot.
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40    Post subject: Re: Working! Reply with quote
giant25 wrote:

Good Luck!

If the antenna gain is useless, wouldn't it avoid confusion and simplify matters to just to ensure that the single Tx value doesn't exceed the country specified regulaory domain or maximum Tx value of the chipset?
coalfield
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks giant25 for the clear explanation.
I successfully flashed using 30/30/30 reset and the posted firmware.

Having some issues connecting to the 5Ghz wireless but have a feeling it may be due to the setting being used. I can see the SSID but fails to connect successfully.
cloink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:25    Post subject: Success! Reply with quote
Because I always appreciate it when others do this: just reporting another successful flash here (following giant25's instructions, by the way)! Smile
cpj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14    Post subject: Bugs? Reply with quote
How does it work for the ones that already upgraded to dd-wrt?
Any bugs?
luckissy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
coalfield wrote:
Thanks giant25 for the clear explanation.
I successfully flashed using 30/30/30 reset and the posted firmware.

Having some issues connecting to the 5Ghz wireless but have a feeling it may be due to the setting being used. I can see the SSID but fails to connect successfully.

Sad The same to you!
hunkeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using this router as a repeater and here is what i found so far.

In client bridge mode

1. VAP interface broadscast SSID but you are unable to connect to it(Even with security disabled on both interfaces). Only wired connection to repeater is posible.

In Client mode

1. Connection successfully established but i'm having lots of dropouts and slow download speed. Upload speed is fine.
2. Again VAP interface broadscast SSID but you are unable to connect to it(Even with security disabled on both interfaces). Only wired connection to repeater is possible.

Can someone who is using this router as a repeater confirm it?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
hunkeus wrote:

In client bridge mode

1. VAP interface broadscast SSID but you are unable to connect to it(Even with security disabled on both interfaces). Only wired connection to repeater is posible.

In Client mode

1. Connection successfully established but i'm having lots of dropouts and slow download speed. Upload speed is fine.
2. Again VAP interface broadscast SSID but you are unable to connect to it(Even with security disabled on both interfaces). Only wired connection to repeater is possible.

yes, confirmed:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2637

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
hunkeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
hunkeus wrote:

In client bridge mode

In Client mode

yes, confirmed:

Thanks for confirmation buddee

May i ask you if we can use some workaround till this will be fixed?

In comment of ticket you raised for this issue you mentioned that when you roll back to previous builds (19342, 18777, 18024) the client mode + vap works.
Unfortunatelly as stated here min required DD-WRT version for our WDR4300 is build 19644 (20120808) so we probably cannot downgrade to any of those version you mentioned.
i'd like to ask if there is way how we can make this work or do we have to wait till it will be fixed in next releases?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
hunkeus wrote:
buddee wrote:
hunkeus wrote:

In client bridge mode

In Client mode

yes, confirmed:

Thanks for confirmation buddee

May i ask you if we can use some workaround till this will be fixed?

In comment of ticket you raised for this issue you mentioned that when you roll back to previous builds (19342, 18777, 18024) the client mode + vap works.
Unfortunatelly as stated here min required DD-WRT version for our WDR4300 is build 19644 (20120808) so we probably cannot downgrade to any of those version you mentioned.
i'd like to ask if there is way how we can make this work or do we have to wait till it will be fixed in next releases?

Unfortunately for you, there is no workaround till they decide to fix the problem, which as you read in the ticket, doesn't seem to be a priority matter, and no one else seemed to reply to my ticket reporting the matter on their testing, it doesn't looked to be getting fixed this year.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
NeoPhyTe.x360
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another "bug" to repare
I can't restart ath0 interface; If I do it, I can't connect later...

ifconfig ath0 down
ifconfig ath0 up

then I can't connect (mobile says "Authentication error"). Ir only becomes to work if I re-apply settings on webui. I've tried changing txpower, etc ,but nothing, only way to make wifi working is from webui, so I can't stop/start wifi from cron

thanks

Edit:

Finally solved it by:
Code:

30 10 * * 1-5 root nvram set ath0_net_mode=mixed; /sbin/ifconfig ath0 up; hostapd -B /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf; iwconfig ath0 txpower 10dBm; echo "1" > /proc/gpio/12_in
30 14 * * 1-5 root nvram set ath0_net_mode=disabled; /sbin/ifconfig ath0 down; iwconfig ath0 txpower off; kill `ps | grep "hostapd" | awk '{print $1}'`; echo "1" > /proc/gpio/12_in

This is for 2.4Ghz only (you can set it by ath1 instead ath0)
hceuterpe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are we absolutely sure the 4310 and the 4300 are in fact the same?
Here's the openwrt commit for the 4310:
(https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/ar71xx/base-files/lib/ar71xx.sh?rev=32683)

Revision 32683, 6.3 KB (checked in by juhosg, 6 weeks ago)
ar71xx: build firmware image for the TP-Link TL-WDR4310 v1.0
The hardware for TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1.1 and TL-WDR4310 v1.0 is identical, but requires different firmware headers:
TL-WDR4300:
00000040 43 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 76 fb 83 40 |C...........v..@|
TL-WDR4310:
00000040 43 10 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 38 2b 50 6c |C...........8+Pl|
[juhosg: change commit message, use a different model name]
Signed-off-by: Stefan Lippers-Hollmann <s.l-h@…>

That doesn't seem to look like it...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: