rerouting possibilties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
rawkusx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:42    Post subject: rerouting possibilties Reply with quote
This is probably a silly question, but I do not know the correct terminology to find the documentation. Is is possible to reroute traffic using ddwrt as follows:

<internet-ip(123.45.67.89/mydomain.com)>
<intranet-ip(192.168.0.55/lancomputer)>

Can I re-route all traffic to mydomain.com/123.45.67.89 to point to the lancomputer/192.168.0.55?

ie, if I ping mydomain.com, I would like the lancomputer to respond. Is that possible with ddwrt? If it is possible any links to documentation would be very appreciated!
Sponsor
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Under the 'services' tab, scroll down to dnsmasq. Put:

address=/google.com/216.239.38.120

In the additional dnsmasq options box. The example used is to redirect Google to their safe search server. Obviously replace Google.com with whatever you want and the IP address with the desired IP address. Make sure you're using dnsmasq for DNS.

If you choose to redirect www.yahoo.com, that's the only thing it'll redirect. If you redirect yahoo.com it'll cover things like images.yahoo.com and mail.yahoo.com so depending on your needs, this could be useful to know.
rawkusx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
mwbuss8 wrote:
Under the 'services' tab, scroll down to dnsmasq. Put:

address=/google.com/216.239.38.120

In the additional dnsmasq options box. The example used is to redirect Google to their safe search server. Obviously replace Google.com with whatever you want and the IP address with the desired IP address. Make sure you're using dnsmasq for DNS.

If you choose to redirect www.yahoo.com, that's the only thing it'll redirect. If you redirect yahoo.com it'll cover things like images.yahoo.com and mail.yahoo.com so depending on your needs, this could be useful to know.

Thank you this is pretty cool, is there a trick to get a similar affect by using IPS instead of hostnames?
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure, I haven't looked through the dnsmasq site at all the commands in a while. http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: