Apple Products not getting Static?

pennywaltz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 15:06    Post subject: Apple Products not getting Static? Reply with quote
Hello,

I just changed ISP and I had to get a router. I brought a Netgear WNR2000 v2 and flashed it with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) mini.

So I am a big fan of dchp server. But for some reason I can't get my iphone and ipad to have a static ip. It said lease 90 days. I googled around to see if there are any solutions, but I can't seem to find one. This problem existed in 2008 (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=212397#212397) but no one offered a solution. So I am posting this to see if anyone has any solutions.

The MAC address and host name is copied and pasted into the DCHP server form. I did it multiple times and it is indeed correct.. So I have no idea how to get this to be static.

If anyone have a solution, it would be great if they can kindly share Smile

8-20-2012 10-57-26 AM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.38 KB
 Viewed:  3288 Time(s)

8-20-2012 10-57-26 AM.jpg

Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
There isn't a solution to be found on the dd-wrt side of this issue, its how apple products seem to work with dd-wrt routers, so it would be something they need to fix from within their hardware/software, and don't worry, my children's iphones do that exact same thing with the 90 day lease reporting in the webgui, really doesn't mean much though, because its still a static DHCP, so it (the apple device) won't ever renew.

I tested it with my son's iphone, and when 90 days was up, it didn't do anything as far as renewing is concerned, it still stayed static and never renewed and he still had his static DHCP ip that i assigned to his device. Because if you notice, it says 90 days, with no timer (all that is 0s) counting it down.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
pennywaltz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
There isn't a solution to be found on the dd-wrt side of this issue, its how apple products seem to work with dd-wrt routers, so it would be something they need to fix from within their hardware/software, and don't worry, my children's iphones do that exact same thing with the 90 day lease reporting in the webgui, really doesn't mean much though, because its still a static DHCP, so it (the apple device) won't ever renew.

I tested it with my son's iphone, and when 90 days was up, it didn't do anything as far as renewing is concerned, it still stayed static and never renewed and he still had his static DHCP ip that i assigned to his device. Because if you notice, it says 90 days, with no timer (all that is 0s) counting it down.

Thanks for the info!!! I couldn't find anything on it from searching for hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: