Help with flashing Netgear WND3300 router back to factoy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Biggie_Smalls
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 18:00    Post subject: Help with flashing Netgear WND3300 router back to factoy. Reply with quote
Hi I'm looking for some help on how to get my factory file back on my router Netgear WNDR 3300, being i over looked one thing when i flash it the first time i used a .chk file and then updated because i thought i had to....to a .bin and now when i try to load the default .chk file it tells me that its the wrong file, but i know that's because i wasent supposed to load the .bin file because i read later that Netgear routers don't like .bin files just .chk files.
So now that I'm stuck here..i don't know what to do in terms of getting my router back to the factory setting..please explain how to.Also the reason that I'm trying to go back to my default settings is because when i set up my router it seemed to be working fine, and then all of a sudden on the wireless side it kept dropping all of my connected wireless devices and then reconnecting.

Also: I've contacted the ddwrt site for help and they tryed to help but when i tryed to flash the factory firmware back on the router...i get this "Invalid File" so they said to come over here to
the forums,because some people here know about this Netgear router.
Embarassed
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3300#Reverting_.2F_recovery_tftp_mode

EDIT: you can also just flash the attached revert bin from the dd-wrt gui. (Thanks Redhawk0)

Remember to select reset to factory defaults after the flash from the drop down on the upgrade page.

WNDR3300_V1.0.29_1.0.29-Revert_WW.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WNDR3300_V1.0.29_1.0.29-Revert_WW.bin
 Filesize:  2.88 MB
 Downloaded:  357 Time(s)

Navigation

Jump to: