I'm about ready to blow this bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
svbhvman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 13:27    Post subject: I'm about ready to blow this bridge Reply with quote
Hey all I need help!

Here's what I have.

1. WRT54GL, Client Bridge, CB, 10.1.1.3, connected to AP
  2. WNDR3700, AP, 10.1.1.2, connected to Gateway/Router
  3. Comcast Business Gateway, 10.1.1.1, Gateway and Router

Both the CB and AP are running DD-WRT. I connect my laptop to one of the ports on the CB and I can reach the AP and open the DD-WRT config pages on it, I can see other devices on the network but I can not get internet access from the CB. No DNS lookup, no ping to an IP, nothing. Any ideas? Is this something I'm missing in the setup or is this an issue with the Gateway. Although I don't see how the gateway is causing it because every other device connected to the AP is able to connect to the internet. One more detail, the gateway sees the laptop connected to the CB in its "Connected Computers" list.
Sponsor
svbhvman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I finally figured it out. It was a novice mistake, I was not setting the gateway address in the bridge. Duh!

Anyway thanks for the reply.
its2cansam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
svbhvman:

Out of curiosity, do you have Wireless GUI disabled on both your AP and client bridge?

If so, are you able to access the GUIs from a wireless client?
svbhvman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I can access the GUIs wirelessly.
its2cansam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see. Check if you have the "Wireless GUI Access" enabled or disabled under Wireless>Advanced Settings.

There might be a bug in DD-WRT where you can still access the router's GUI from a wireless client, even if you have the option disabled.

I have that option disabled on two identical routers, but for some reason I can access the GUI on one of them wirelessly while the other I cannot.

I'm just curious to see if others are experiencing this issue as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: