New build (BS) 19519

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys WRT54G-TM with SD Mod, k2.4 nokaid-generic-19519, 16GB SD card. Works fine with previous builds. With this build is not showing correctly and shows nothing on card. card has data on it. Shows 2816.00 kb in gui. No shown as mounted in cli.

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
Sponsor
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
K figured out that auto gpio doesn't work. Manually setting the gpio gives serial output

Code:
[INF] mmc: Version: 2.0.1  Parms: major=0 din=2 dout=4 clk=3 cs=7 maxsec=32 rahead=2
[INF] mmc: SD Card detected & initialized
[INF] mmc: Assigned dynamic major number 254
Partition check:
 mmca: p1 p2 p3 p4
[INF] mmc: Module loaded

However doesn't mount the first partition as it did before. GUI shows SD as

Total / Free Size 2,816.00 KB / -

Code:
Card Info
Card Type : SDHC
Spec Version : 2.0
Card Size : 15193 MB
Block Size : 512 bytes
Num. of Blocks : 31115264
Voltage Range : 2.7-3.6
Manufacture ID : 03
Application ID : SD
Product Name : SD16G
Revision : 8.0
Serial Number : 7089d635
Manu. Date : May 2009

barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
does your 1st partition still have data on it? Mine did not. verified it three times. meaning.. I watched my card getting erased (three times).

I have two tm's.. I took the card from 19519, and put it back in the tm with the older build.. all data was gone except for the "lost & found" folder that gparted creates when it formats it.

dunno what the diff is.. I didn't need to use manual gpio. After enabling mmc support and rebooting the router, I could watch the ses light formatting or erasing the card.. it flashed like a heartbeat.. not the usual flicker when reading / writing data..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
does your 1st partition still have data on it? Mine did not. verified it three times. meaning.. I watched my card getting erased (three times).

I have two tm's.. I took the card from 19519, and put it back in the tm with the older build.. all data was gone except for the "lost & found" folder that gparted creates when it formats it.

I couldn't get any of BS's builds to mount the sd card. 19519 see's the card when manual gpio's the firmware see the mod and registers the card but doesn't mount it. Went from 19342 - 18777 and none of those builds even saw the mod. went back to eko's 18946, all is well, all data still there.

barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
barryware wrote:

I couldn't get any of BS's builds to mount the sd card. 19519 see's the card when manual gpio's the firmware see the mod and registers the card but doesn't mount it. Went from 19342 - 18777 and none of those builds even saw the mod. went back to eko's 18946, all is well, all data still there.

maybe we should move this discussion to this thread:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=159797

As long as I am here though.. there must be something different between our setups. Maybe the way the cards are formatted, maybe the card itself.. dunno.

BS 19342 ran on my tm with the sd card with no issues.. I used the auto gpio, it mounted, was accessible, etc. btw.. I run std_nokaid on the tm's

19519 is a diff story. I confirmed it three times on purpose, and twice by accident Twisted Evil

My last go around.. I used my spare tm (also with sd mod) and left 19342 on it. I run windows on my pc(s), not linux so it is difficult to access an sd card formatted ext2 on a windows pc.

I removed the sd card and flashed 19519 on my main tm.. (we all still know that nvram does not erase right using the gui right?)

after the flash, I reset the router using the reset button.. Then access the router and enabled ssh, and mmc support. powered down the router, inserted the card, powered it up.

I could see the sd activity on the ses light. I have already explained that so no need to into the details. After it finished booting (no mount of the card), I powered down, took the card and put it in the spare running 19342.

Powered up the spare.. The card mounted. I access the card via winscp and via telnet. All data in the 1st partition (opt) was gone. The only thing left was a lost & found folder. If dd-wrt is formatting the card, it may add this folder. If not formatting, then it is erasing and that folder was put there by gparted when I initially formatted it.

I have filed a ticket but I'm sure it will be closed due to "too vague".. I don't know how to provide any more information.

I use to have the card formatted with three partitions.. Now only two.

The 1st partition is ext2 labeled "opt", the 2nd partition is formatted swap and labeled "swap"

I can repeat this every time. I do not understand why your setup is behaving differently then mine.

Anyone else running a legacy router with an sd mod willing to test (k24)? Make sure you back up your card 1st.. I just clone the good card to a spare.

The thread I linked above contains the dmesg output from the two diff builds and there is a difference.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
just an fyi in case it helps anyone but I have been running 19519 MEGA on my Asus RT-N16 for about a week and 1/2 without issue.

still have to run this command at startup to fix port forward/loopback issue

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all

Loaded a k26 nv60 onto an E3200.

Just running straight Internet on an ADSL2+ and a bit of DHCP/DNS. 6 workstations and a server behind it on a LAN.

Haven't tested USB, VPN, VLANs or SIP Proxy yet.

No 5GHz, (how suprising)
but
No complaints after 24 hours.

Will keep you psoted.

Cheers
Chris
usma95
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Asus RT-N12B1

Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/20/12) mini - build 19519

No significant issues, although I did need to set afterburner to "Auto" to see respectable N-class wireless speeds. Otherwise, speeds were dialup--less than 10' from the router.
usma95
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37    Post subject: Best Yet Reply with quote
Working to set up SSIDs to take advantage of the RT-N12B1's capabilities, I was able to get DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/20/12) mini(SVN revision 19519) purring like a kitten. This is the best revision of DD-WRT that I've seen and it is good, fast, and stable enough to make me forget about looking for TomatoUSB!

Well done, gentlemen!

-Paul
Climax69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Runs smooth on both WRT160NL as wireless client bridge & WRT320N (std-usb-nas) as main router with:
- IPv6 tunnel by HE (w Radvd & script from IPv6 topic);
- Cronjobs;
- DHCP reservations;
- SSH & HTTPS;
- WiFi (NG) WPA2/AES;
- Portforwarding (with nat loopback (port fw) fix);
- Additional DNSmasq options.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: