WRT54GL v1.1 with mini 12548M NEWD Eko - max 30Mbs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pabc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40    Post subject: WRT54GL v1.1 with mini 12548M NEWD Eko - max 30Mbs? Reply with quote
I've been searching / reading around this problem I have.

I recently went from a 10Mbs to 60Mbs service which came with a new superhub. As usual I set the hub to assign my dd-wrt router a fixed IP then put it in the dmz, turned off firewall etc - so basically it acts just like a modem.

However, the max speeds (ethernet cable) coming out of the router are about 30Mbs - if I connect into the superhub I get 61Mbs

Is there a know issue with this router/build that limits the max speed it can handle?

I'll upgrade to a different build if needed but don't want if it wont solve anything.

Any one else seen this?

edit - seems, after more reading, that the router isn't beefy enough to handle that speed.

as there is only one device hardwired (and so capable of using the full speed) I think I'll patch that to the superhub and leave the slower wifi devices on the router
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: