Devices won't stay connected to WRT54G V3.0 "repeater&a

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
vetteguy112233
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:59    Post subject: Devices won't stay connected to WRT54G V3.0 "repeater&a Reply with quote
It seems as if I've followed all needed instructions for turning my WRT54G V3.0 into a repeater, because it shows up in my wireless network list.

I did finally get the firmware upgrade to ask me to reset the password, and did the 30-30-30 reset. At first it wouldn't ask me to change the password, but after unplugging the router, holding reset and while holding reset, plug in the power cord and continue to hold reset for 30 seconds. After doing this it asked me to change the password.

My phone and tablet show it in my wireless list, I can select it and enter my wireless password, my devices connect, but immediately disconnect and get stuck in a loop of obtaining IP address, CONNECTED, then disconnect and do it all again.

I installed dd-wrt.v24_mini_wrt54g.bin

I followed instructions here for the actual router settings:
http://lifehacker.com/5563196/turn-your-old-router-into-a-range+boosting-wi+fi-repeater

Any suggestions?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: