Asus RT-AC66U now in stock - DD-WRT compatibility?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Boondocks110
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
Anyone having issues with 2.4Ghz band going to 20+20 but refuses to connect, or once it's connected it won't route?

I have this issue sporadically and it has just occurred again. I tried upgrading to a newer firmware, but problem still persists.

Currently, the AP is seen but it always fails to authenticate, while the 5 GHz works well. Also, I notice a high number of transmit errors for 2.4 GHz.

Previously I could just reboot the router or reset and reload from backup and it was fine. But, not this time.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you set it to a fixed channel, not Auto?

Also check what channels your neighbours are using.
To do that use the Wifi-analyser app on an Android phone.
The channels that are not overlapping is 1,6,11.
Boondocks110
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Have you set it to a fixed channel, not Auto?

Also check what channels your neighbours are using.
To do that use the Wifi-analyser app on an Android phone.
The channels that are not overlapping is 1,6,11.

Yes, I always configure for best performance. Which, in my experience is never auto. Also, I did check neighbor channels and avoided all I found in range. I have also tried disabling 5 GHz, just in-case.

Still with my phone or a notebook just 3 - 4 feet from the router, I am unable to connect.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
what wifi standard is your phone? If it's G or N and the AP is set to AC only, it will not be able to connect.
Boondocks110
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
what wifi standard is your phone? If it's G or N and the AP is set to AC only, it will not be able to connect.

My phone is capable of 2.4GHz gn and 5GHz n. The AP is set to 2.4GHz gn mixed and 5GHz n only. I can connect to the 5GHz n, but not the 2.4GHz g or n. It is seen and the signal is strong, but the connection attempt fails repeatedly with either the phone or the notebook.

I have now also tried re-configuring manually from defaults, with the same result.
Wisi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have the problem with 54g legacy clients in 2,4 ghz.
Reinvented
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had the AC66U since February of this year. I haven't had much success with DD-WRT on it. It's just had incredibly poor wireless ac performance compared to ASUS Merlin. And it's been a lot slower. I'm not sure what else I can do besides going back to stock, etc.

To elaborate more on performance, it's just slower in general. Loading of GUI, and some of the pages just not loading correctly at all. I've done all the resets that I possibly could, but it still does not work properly. Any suggestions on what to try next?
Boondocks110
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I need to more analysis, but it seems that if I set the 2.4GHz to N-only, it works. Unfortunately I need g for my printer to on the network, without using the PC it is also attached to.

I'll add more detail after I have experimented some more.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
The g devices attached will also slow down the n devices.
Use the 5Ghz for high speed devices if possible.
Boondocks110
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I verified that if I set the 2.4GHZ to N-Only it works. For now, I have connected my printer via USB to the router. I can print, but some features are not available.

It does not seem that this could be a hardware issue. But I admit ignorance on that. It just seems to me that the protocol would be in software.

Also, I re-flashed with the latest Asus firmware and had the same problem.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had been running 27506 on this router for about 2 weeks and noticed that the 2.4g radio stops working/broadcasting after a couple of days. 5g radio is still functional though.

probably going to have to go back to the older Kong build I was running since Oct 2014.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
s18slider
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got an issue with my ASUS RT-AC66U. My ISP uses a static IP. I set DD-WRT identically to my old router that was running DD-WRT, but I have no internet when using the ASUS RT-AC66U when running DD-WRT. I started with v24 PreSP2 Build 21061 and then went to Build 25697 and neither work with a static IP for the WAN.
Lex_Michdezuk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:00    Post subject: Asus RT-AC66U from KongAC build 23655 to build 25015-SP1 Reply with quote
I come and look around now and then to see if there's news in here and always wonder "will it upgrade?", but nobody confirms their experiences. So to all other poor guys like me I'll go ahead and post my experience.

I just upgraded my Asus RT-AC66U from KongAC build 23655 to build 25015-SP1 without a hassle. Just picked the 25015-SP1 file from here: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC/ and went through the webUI (Administration/Firmware upgrade) with the file.

All settings were preserved. I hope this helps someone out there.
seth_space
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Lex, yes i did!
Thanks.. But the 6 million dollar question is: is there any performance profit compared to merlin or asus firmware?
Giuliano1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:16    Post subject: Asus Ac66 - loosing settings Reply with quote
A week after installing dd-wrt-25697-Asus_RT-AC66U, (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14))
Suddenly I experimented many LOST settings that forced me to reflash the router
The router became unreachable, not even the DHCP server was running; LAN and WLAN unasable.
I have to access it trough a second router with DHCP server, to give the AC66 an IP on the LAN!

Re-flashed many times, but the problem reappears in hours.

....Previously I had difficulties connecting to the 5 Ghz wlan.

I then flashed back to Asus stock firmware and everything seems to work.

I see that there are lots of NEW 2015 DDWRT firmware beta for the AC66, out there:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/08-25-2015-r27745/asus-rt-ac66u/

Do they worth a try ?
Considering the huge amount of 2015 beta and the short delay between each other, maybe they are VERY experimental ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 90, 91, 92  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 85 of 92
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: