Asus RT-AC66U now in stock - DD-WRT compatibility?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Haul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reinvented wrote:
I came from stock to 26138 when I first started. Since you actually HAVE the problem, go back to stock and reflash 26446. Do not do a nvram clear. That's where it will start.

As I mentioned previously, this problem did not arise until build 26348. The 26138 that you flashed is way older.

I am not stuck in a non-working state. I do not need help recovering. I reflashed to build 26339, which is unaffected by the problem, then dirty flashed to the newest 26446, and I have a working router. That doesn't mean that there is no bug. As lingk mentioned, he went straight from stock to 26446 and has the problem. This is a pretty bad bug.
Sponsor
lingk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm also having some uPnP issues with my xbox one, but that's OK I'll probably just set it to a static IP and open the needed ports on the firewall, though I didn't have to on my dlink router, uPnP on that worked fine for the xbox one
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone submit a ticket on the svn site for the 5ghz problem with 2nd wifi?
stephene
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
Has anyone submit a ticket on the svn site for the 5ghz problem with 2nd wifi?

Hi mbze430! Please do submit a ticket. I tried to register in the svn but my registration was rejected.

Thanks in advance from all!
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't make an account either on SVN.. hence why I asked.

if none of the developers see the ticket (providing they aren't reading ALL the threads here) the problem won't be apparent to them.
Louiscar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 23:45    Post subject: Some help for a new user - can't find image Reply with quote
Sorry if this is a dumb one. I've just bought the AC66U and am looking at changing the firmware.

I've just looked at the router database for this model and all I get offered as a download is this file:

dd-wrt-Asus_RT-AC66U.trx

There's no version number in that filename which makes me think it's possibly the stock?

The drop down box which has 'supported by' shows only one selection: V24 PreSP2 - [beta] Build 21061

But nothing can be downloaded other than the trx above.
Aditional information > other downloads leads to a dated folder list obviously for unrelated models.

I've also looked at the supported router pages which state that the minimum version available for this

router is rt-ac66u
build 20873

There is no link on that page to get to it or it's brothers.

So I am totally confused at this point and not really going to risk doing anything at the moment until I can see how to get to all the versions of the software that's available for this model.

Can anyone explain how I find them as the database seems useless or I am not doing something right.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 0:06    Post subject: Re: Some help for a new user - can't find image Reply with quote
Louiscar wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb one. I've just bought the AC66U and am looking at changing the firmware.

I've just looked at the router database for this model and all I get offered as a download is this file:

dd-wrt-Asus_RT-AC66U.trx

There's no version number in that filename which makes me think it's possibly the stock?

The drop down box which has 'supported by' shows only one selection: V24 PreSP2 - [beta] Build 21061

But nothing can be downloaded other than the trx above.
Aditional information > other downloads leads to a dated folder list obviously for unrelated models.

I've also looked at the supported router pages which state that the minimum version available for this

router is rt-ac66u
build 20873

There is no link on that page to get to it or it's brothers.

So I am totally confused at this point and not really going to risk doing anything at the moment until I can see how to get to all the versions of the software that's available for this model.

Can anyone explain how I find them as the database seems useless or I am not doing something right.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
You hace to use the trx file for initial flash from stock. Then upgrade to the latest build.
stephene
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
I can't make an account either on SVN.. hence why I asked.

if none of the developers see the ticket (providing they aren't reading ALL the threads here) the problem won't be apparent to them.

Ok guys, i emailed Brainslayer about this issue. Will see how it will go.
Louiscar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Malachi
Fantastic .. thank you very much
Louiscar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 21:47    Post subject: Dirty flash vs ? Reply with quote
Just reading some of the recent woes. As I have not yet flashed my router and it's still stock, I am unsure what the best thing to do is at this point.

As I understand it the initial flashing from stock should be done using Asus' own flash method which I presume is via the web UI panel.

I don't know what the term 'dirty flash' refers to. Is there a separate utility for flashing that I should arm myself with.

There's also the Asus recovery utility which I assumed is just for recovering from a bricked modem and using Asus stock firmware.

At this point I'd just like to know what 'dirty flash' refers to and what I need to get.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 21:55    Post subject: Re: Dirty flash vs ? Reply with quote
Louiscar wrote:
Just reading some of the recent woes. As I have not yet flashed my router and it's still stock, I am unsure what the best thing to do is at this point.

As I understand it the initial flashing from stock should be done using Asus' own flash method which I presume is via the web UI panel.

I don't know what the term 'dirty flash' refers to. Is there a separate utility for flashing that I should arm myself with.

There's also the Asus recovery utility which I assumed is just for recovering from a bricked modem and using Asus stock firmware.

At this point I'd just like to know what 'dirty flash' refers to and what I need to get.

Flash through the Asus upgrade page, once on dd-wrt, telnet into the router. User name is root, password is admin unless you changed it.
Then type erase nvram, hit enter. Then type reboot and hit enter.

When you see people say "dirty flash", they mean they are not resetting it or clearing the nvram.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 22:45    Post subject: Re: Dirty flash vs ? Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Louiscar wrote:

Flash through the Asus upgrade page, once on dd-wrt, telnet into the router. User name is root, password is admin unless you changed it.
Then type erase nvram, hit enter. Then type reboot and hit enter.

When you see people say "dirty flash", they mean they are not resetting it or clearing the nvram.

Thanks for your reply.

Ok got it. So flashing again once on DD-WRT should be done via the DD_WRT UI I presume?

Also one more question :
On this page: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

There's a warning about using "mtd -r erase nvram"
to clear the nvram vs "erase nvram
reboot"

In the context that it's mentioned I am presuming the latter is a preference when trying to avoid a button reset (when on DD-WRT). However, I've seen that many people have advised the first method to be used when clearing nvram for the first time. ie. when on stock firmware. Is this advisable or is it safer to use method 2 always?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got an rt-ac68p, rt-ac66u and an rt-n66u. The method I told you is what I do. I've had the rt-n66u since it was released.
It's the method I use. You can use whatever you want.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I've got an rt-ac68p, rt-ac66u and an rt-n66u. The method I told you is what I do. I've had the rt-n66u since it was released.
It's the method I use. You can use whatever you want.

Ok understood, I'll do as you do then. Just a bit daunting for the first time so it's just me being cautious and trying to get things as clear in my head before I attempt anything.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 90, 91, 92  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 82 of 92
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: