Cascading router setup w/ at&t u-verse *streaming issues

astroboiii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 18:34    Post subject: Cascading router setup w/ at&t u-verse *streaming issues Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have AT&T U-verse with t here proprietery modem/router setup cascaded with a netgear 750 router running ddwrt.

My problem is that my wifi will constnatly drop. I can browse the web just fine but for any streaming media it will stop downloading the stream and I have to refresh page, select where I was before it stopped and continue from there in hopes that it won't happen again (which it most usually does).

I've tried the following:
-setup static ip's
-disabled the 5GHz antenna
-did a site survey and selected the least congested channel
-enabled wireless-G only mode

nothing seems to fix it. I should mention, LAN'ing in is just fine.

Not sure what else to try?

Appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks!

Last edited by astroboiii on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
astroboiii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe I wasn't clear in my post. But as I am streaming video or using skype or any form of internet activity that constantly requires a live connection. The activity will stop, not just to buffer but it will actually just stop loading altogether as it has lost connection.

For example. Watching a youtube vid, it will just stop loading the rest of the video until I refresh and click where I was last and it may stop yet again after a certain point at which point I would have to refresh the page again. On skype, the session will abruptly end. I hope that is clear enough for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: