[SOLVED] WLAN Repeater Mode - Disable Access to Host Gateway

loosecable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 23:39    Post subject: [SOLVED] WLAN Repeater Mode - Disable Access to Host Gateway Reply with quote
I recently got a modem+router combo unit and it has no option to disable wireless admin (i.e. wireless clients can see -- though not configure -- the gateway page without password).

My old Netgear router (not sure if it's Broadcom or Atheros; will check) with DDWRT firmware used to have such option, and wireless clients will not be able to access the gateway status page at all. So I'm thinking to set that up as a repeater, such that guests who come by can still connect to the Internet through the repeater on its own subnet, but will not see/touch the main router.

But from http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wlan_Repeater, not only do I have to use the same password (then people may just connect to the main router), the "Testing" section seems to suggest that secondary clients can still access the primary subnet (including the gateway page I want to protect).

Are there other options? Thanks.

Edit:
My memory tricked me and it's actually a Linksys with Broadcom chipset. I set it as repeater, no need to have the same wireless security, and just filter the gateway url/ip under Access Restriction. Problem solved!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: